Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

2005 Hukilau Bowls and Shots

Pages: 1 20 replies

Is it just me or is anyone else getting tired of the wait for the the 2005 Hukilau Bowls and Shots?
How many tiki mug / bowl "issues" do we need to endure.
Did everybody get their limited edition Ape Mug? Moon eyes limited edition of 30 yellow Mugs! Also this, the 2005 Hukilau Bowls and Shots.

I need a drink. I guess I'll use an old mug.

I got my limited edition ape mug a month ago. It's great! Worth the wait. Hukilau bowls? Do they exist? I heard you had to be a god to get one!

Krustiki,

I am Tiki Kiliki, organizer/co-founder of Hukilau, I wanted to write and ask if you have received your shots yet. Holden of Tiki Farm informed me that they had in fact come in and were being sent to everyone that ordered them. Can you confirm? Can anyone else confirm this?

I apologize for the delay - it has nothing to do with myself or the event. This product was expected from Tiki Farm the week of the event and we were informed 3 weeks prior that it was not coming. At that point, we just went by what Tiki Farm and Holden Westland was telling us - which was the product would be sent to buyers no later than the first of December. I don't even have a copy of them and trust me, I want them as well. I know there were issues with the bowls - I'm hoping that Holden will in fact chime in here and let everyone who paid and is expecting this product know when to expect our bowls and shots......At this point, he's the only one that can give us information.

Please let me know if you have received them.

We haven't received them yet.

T

If you got an extra 2005 Hukilau Bowls, I'll take one.

K

I got an email from Holden on the 30th of December stating
"Thank you for ordering the Derek Yaniger designed Hukilau 2005 commemorative
bowl & shots! We are close to finishing up the qc on the shots and the
bowls are expected to start coming out of the kiln next week. If you just
ordered the shot set, they will begin shipping out late next week. After we
qc inspect the bowls, we are individually hand painting the gold lower trim
on each bowl. I appreciate how patient you've been with us on these to-date
so if you could please give us a few more weeks after they are produced, we
want to make them right & it takes time. You'll know when your order has
shipped as you will receive an email with tracking information.

For all of you that pre-booked at the Hukilau, we're also including a little
something extra that we know that you're going to appreciate. It's a
surprise but it's our way of saying Mahalo! Have a Great New Year!"

Since then I have not heard anything new.

Waiting.....

and Dreaming.....

Is Hoping the next one to pop up? :lol:

On 2006-03-06 10:16, I dream of tiki wrote:
Is Hoping the next one to pop up? :lol:

and Wishing... and Hoping... :D

and Wondering.....

LOL!LOL! Thats pretty good.

T

I'm still waiting as well. I ordered the shot glasses and the bowl. I've been leery ever since because I paid cash and wasn't thinking at the time to get a receipt of something verifying that I had paid. I just gave them 125$ (I think that was the cost) and they wrote my name and address in a spiral notebook. Did anyone else get a receipt or some sort of payment confirmation. I'm probably just being over skeptical, I waited a year for the Ape mug and was very pleased with it when it did arrive.

H
Helz posted on Fri, Apr 7, 2006 10:20 AM

6 month bump.

Anybody heard anything?

(But if it's been six months, that means that we're alreay halfway to the next Hukilau! Yay!)

LL

I received my bowl and shots today, Saturday April 8, via Fedex Ground. Everything looks nice and intact. The bowl looks a bit different than I remember seeing it but 6 months will do that to your memory. The bonus is a third shot glass in yellow, seems they accidentally did the brown in yellow adding to the wait time. So they threw in the yellow as a thanks. Cool to have a set of 3 being its the magic number and all. Also tags for the shots and bowl and a thank you and explanation letter from Holden. Very nice!

Every Dog Has His Day. This Friday.

K

All right my friends, I finally got the bowl and the shot mugs today. Packaging was great as usual. The bowl definitely does not look the same as I remember it from the event, but hey I will take it. The extra shot glass is a perfect teaser for being so late. It looks great and I can't wait to get home and try them out.

One thing that is weird is that they came with tags showing me what numbers I received but at the event they gave me tags that were signed by Derek, so now I have two set of tags. Of course I will go with the lower numbers.

U

For those who have received the Hukilau Mug & shot, please post a pix. I missed the event but would love to see what they look like.

I

This is an image that Basement Kahuna posted on the Hukilau thread last year. It is the 'floor model' that was available for viewing before one placed their own personal order.

Vern

D

That bowl is awesome. It kicks two asses!

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 04:55:31 ]

Pages: 1 20 replies