Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

off topic: weird collectible

Pages: 1 5 replies

Waaaay off topic here...
If I'm not careful, I am going to start collecting these wacky mini heads. I have always had a weird soft spot for these, kinda like tiki mugs.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2072740463
These character heads make me laugh my ass off every single time I see one & this is a particularly funky grouping!
There must be hundreds(?) of different types of these heads, with the most ridiculous expressions you can imagine. So bad, they're great!
I cant help it, I love them.

T

Hey bbtd, I love those things! Especially that collection you posted. I always wondered who would want a butt-ugly face wearing a fez or a sombrero or a turbin hanging on your wall staring back at you. Thanks for the post!

[ Edited by: tikimug on 2002-11-24 18:32 ]

when i was little there was this toy shop that sold nik-naks and orniments and it had a whole wall off them, about a hundred diffrent heads, since then i've allways fancied having a wall like the one in the shop.

right on, I'm not alone!
I think they would look mighty fine as tacky "bathroom art".
You could always use an extra laugh in the loo!

T

I think it would be very disturbing to have those weird toothless guys watching you on the toliet.

You could have a plaque put under them that says something like: Beware of me, when you pee - cause I'm watching you, when you poo".

..."dont be shy when you make a pie & wipe your bum when you're done"...

Pages: 1 5 replies