Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

"TikiBay" Art for sale thread for all TC artists

Pages: 1 36 replies

K
kirby posted on Sat, Jan 14, 2006 1:05 PM

This is a thread devoted to the sale of Art by the many great artists here on TC.And will be a quik referance for potential buyer who are on the go If you have an art piece you would like to sell,trade please feel free to post it here. THIS SHOULD NOT BE USED FOR COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS.Please just post pics and links. If you happen to sell a piece please edit the post to reflect that the piece was sold or no longer available..Make sure you use sum sort of secure method of payment when buying anything over the web..

K
kirby posted on Sat, Jan 14, 2006 1:11 PM

here is som stuff i have for sale...
the chief 12x24 acrylic on canvas Sold
Prints are available for $20

The lucky Tiki Print $20

KIRBY
Kirby's Island.com
The Tiki Adventure
Kirby's Gallery

[ Edited by: kirby 2006-02-02 17:26 ]

Nice work Kirbz, Thanks for creatin' this thread.
Anyone who is lookin for authentic Chongolian creations can find decals, prints of my artwork and the last of Jungle Trader's "Pike Kelawaka" Minnie's mugs at the Lost-Isle Trading Post. I will hope to add a few of my original paintings in the very near future too. Here are a few pics of my art that is now available:

I also have a few of Jungle Trader's Pika Kelawaka mugs availble

Chongolio

Lost-Isle
Lost-Isle Trading Post
Barefoot bloggin'

[ Edited by: Chongolio 2006-01-17 15:32 ]

J
john posted on Sun, Jan 15, 2006 8:57 AM

Hi,
My studio, Creative Glassworks, creates fused glass tiki art as well as other decorative and functional pieces, every piece is available for sale, if you do not see exactly what you are looking for, a total custom piece can be created for the individual or environment where the piece will be displayed. For Pricing and other inquiries, please pm or email me at [email protected]
Free Shipping for TC members!
http://www.creativeglassworksaz.com
-john

Creative Glassworks "Island Series"
Fused Glass Tiki Art
http://www.creativeglassworksaz.com
[email protected]

[ Edited by: john 2006-01-26 15:21 ]

[ Edited by: john 2006-02-20 00:01 ]

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2006-01-15 19:37 ]

K
kirby posted on Sun, Jan 15, 2006 5:11 PM

hey guys, it great that your using this thread to promote your art , BUT, I think the original idea was to have a thread for acual art pieces you have for sale and not just links to your website.Think of it as a quik reference for thos collecters who dont have a lot of time to go surfing from site to site.Your welcome to post your website info but it would be a whole lot better if you could post accual pieces you have for sale.. hope this clearifies things....thanks

C

I have 3 planter tikis,each one is an original sculpture.They Will hold a 1 gallon pot or you can plant directly into the head.Wire reinforced concrete.35 inches tall and approx 45 lbs.$165.00 each plus shipping.

Mini Arrrr! Bar 95.00 + ship. aaprx. 40x 12x 34 one of a kind

Tiki, Tiki, Mug/Booze shelf. approx. 12 w x 5'long. 175.00 + ship. one of a kind.

Tiki mug/booze/towell shelf. approx. 36x36x8-14 deep. 195.00 + ship. one of a kind.

more soon

KK

Aloha bruddah's & sistah's,
Mahalo for visiting this post! In response to Kirbys "tikibay" idea, here are a few new & newer carvings up for sale with makepono price discounts for TC menbers. These are some of my latest Hawaiian Makau and other various carvings for everyone to see. These Items are all on display in my gallery but Im offering them up for sale to members of TC first! All of these carvings are Miki'oi (finely made) using only the rarest and most beautiful materials available! Each carving is traditonally lashed and or mounted to an ancient style Hawaiian hand plaited Kaula (made in the ancient kahiko style used for fishing lines & nets). All work is guaranteed to last indefinitely under normal wearing conditions and replacement or repair is done for only the cost of shipping!

The first item up for sale is a "one-off" original carving made from Ancient walrus bone. This pendant depicts the beautiful & mysterious creature, The Manta Ray! This piece measures 1-5/8"x1-7/8" and includes a Hawaiian Kaula (at any desired length, in 3 colors brown ,black or natural). This piece also features genuine tahitian black pearl shell eyes!

This next pendant is a miniature version of an ancient Hawaiian weapon commonly known as a "knuckle-duster". These are well known as the kahiko Hawaiian version of brass knuckles, ouch! Measuring 2-1/2"x1-5/8" this pendant is made from genuine Hawaiian Koa wood and features authentic tiger shark teeth. this piece can aslo be mounted to any length cord desired...

This next piece is one of my "Tiki" makau featuring a full body Moai from Rapa Nui! Carved from rare, extinct stellar sea cow bone makes this a very special makau and a true rarity. This pendant measures 2-1/2"x1-3/8" and is tradtionally lashed onto a 20" Hand plaited Hawaiian kaula...

These next two pendants are known as "palaoa" which were worn by the "ali'i nui" or Hawaiian chiefs and were origianlly made from the teeth of whales. These pendants held great meaning to the kahiko Hawaiians and are mistakingly commonly referred to as "hooks". Both of these palaoa are made from High grade, solid mammoth tusk Ivory and measure 1-7/8"x3/8"(small) and 2-3/8"x1/2"(large)and can also be mounted on any desired cord length...

These next makau are finely made miniature versions of ancient Hawaiian shark hooks (Mano Makau). These carvings are made form Genuine Hawaiian curly Koa wood and feature genuine mammoth ivory barb points. Measuring 3"x1-1/2" (left) and 2-5/8"x1-1/4" (right) these makau are both tradtionally lashed and mounted on a 20" hand-plaited kaula...

Up for sale as well is another one of my "tiki" makau made from ancient walrus bone. This makau features a stylized version of the Hawaiian God Kanaloa. Measuring 2-3/4"x1-1/4" this makau is also traditionally lashed on a 20" hand plaited Hawaiian kaula.

This last makau up for sale is a true rarity! Made from genuine Tahitian Black lip pearl shell and south pacific white pearl shell, this makau is a rarely seen version of an ancient Hawaiian composite makau. This style makau originates from the south point of the big island over 1000 years ago. Originally made from human or animal bone, this piece includes genuine Hawaiian koa wood "lashing wedges" (a true Hawaiian innovation where small pieces of wood were used to tighten up the bottom lashing connecting the barb & shaft together, very strong!). Measuring 2"x7/8", this makau also comes tradtionally lashed on a 20" hand plaited Hawaiian Kaula.

If youre interested in any of the above works, personal message with your inquiry and Ill get back to you wikiwiki with a price! (please include your address so I can estimate shipping cost too!) Mahalo for your interest & viewing this long winded post! I hope to hear from some of you soon!

Malama Pono!

[ Edited by: kaha ki'i 2006-01-17 17:39 ]

Here's one for the lil' Minihunes.

They'll sell a loot load o punch after

Pirates Part 2, Dead Mans Chest, comes out !!!

approx. 32 h. bar top, by approx 4; long. 175.00

(sorry, shipping is bogus unless you arrange a blanket wrap moving co.)

Arrrrr!!!

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2006-01-23 09:08 ]

K
kirby posted on Mon, Jan 23, 2006 9:42 PM

bump

On 2006-01-23 21:42, kirby wrote:
bump

....and Grind!!

K
kirby posted on Wed, Jan 25, 2006 5:17 PM

keep posting here tikicreators...dont let this thread die...

Tiki Tiles are made of hand cut and hand painted ceramic tile.
They may be mounted into a tile wall or mounted to a board and framed in a variety of ways.
These 4 are approx 8.5 X 13 inches and are $90 each plus shipping

This one is $180 plus shipping and is approx 8.5 X 26

More to come

Art produces ugly things which frequently become more beautiful with time ~ Jean Cocteau

[ Edited by: theartcoach 2006-01-27 20:14 ]

Up for sale is this cool hand painted wooden key hanger that my husband painted up. It measures 10 inches across and is 7.5 inches tall. If you don't want to use it as a key hanger, it is sturdy enough to use to hang hand towels or bar towels. This would look great in about any tiki lover's room, kitchen, bathroom, tiki bar, etc.

Price: $20, plus $5.00 shipping and handling within the USA. Just send me a pm and I can get it in the mail ASAP. Thank you!

Here's shirts that I'm selling. This image is of the back of the shirt. In the front left side of chest it says in small letters, "JT's Tiki Jungle". These sell for 20 clams each, includes Cali. sales tax. Sizes are Large and XLarge only. Lime Green. Design by Chongolio. If you want a print of this, you'll have to bug him about it.

You can see the Zombie Babies (along with some other stuff, occasionally) here:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsassZsquiddking

And pretty soon I will have some Shrunken Mummy Heads up, they are a new project, easier to make and a bit cheaper than the Zombie Babies, which are closer to being specialty items...these might be useful for people who like to have weird-looking things sitting around their bars/homes that encourage that feeling of mysterious fun, and which help the visitor feel that they have stumbled into a curious and perplexing other world.....hope you like!

[ Edited by: procinema29 2006-02-04 04:30 ]

Keep the rum and the creative juices flowin!!!!!

Here are some BALLSomic Tikis...These are driftwood necklaces from Lake Superior.
Some are Tikis and some are Headhunters.All Sold
All Sold
Sold
Sold
Sorry about any of the fuzzy pix!

[ Edited by: FreddieBallsomic 2006-02-14 11:48 ]

Helloha again!... 8 of the Tikis above are gone, Pm me with inquires. Here are a few more. Sold
$30
Maholla!

[ Edited by: FreddieBallsomic 2006-02-14 11:47 ]

Ah yes, I am now making Shrunken Mummy Heads... I guarantee that you'll be a-shivering when you see these things, because I hand-layer colors onto them until they look appropriately creepy, and each paint job is a little different too! Thanks again!

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsassZsquiddking

"Joyous Songs and Wondrous Miracles."

[ Edited by: procinema29 2006-02-04 04:27 ]

[ Edited by: procinema29 2006-02-10 13:40 ]

K
kirby posted on Thu, Feb 2, 2006 10:18 PM

here is a shrunken head tiki pendent SOLD

KIRBY
Kirby's Island.com
The Tiki Adventure
Kirby's Gallery

[ Edited by: kirby 2006-02-03 16:44 ]

F
foamy posted on Fri, Feb 3, 2006 10:39 AM

I know this ain't not supposed to be no that there comment thread, but I gotta say, I am constantly amazed at all the talent here at TC, and the cool stuff everyone makes. Wow.

K
kirby posted on Thu, Feb 9, 2006 5:22 PM

Drift wood tiki pendents by kirby... $20 bucks each shipping included.. there about 2.5 inches tall and are all signed on the back...
Sold
Sold
Sold
this one is smaller about 1.5 inches $12 bucks shipping included
Sold
Pm me if you want one...thanks kirby

KIRBY
Kirby's Island.com
The Tiki Adventure
Kirby's Gallery

[ Edited by: kirby 2006-02-09 19:36 ]

I finished these up this weekend...PM me if you interested(I'll also consider trades) These prices are with shipping included. All pendants come with shell necklaces. Sold
SOLD
Sold This lil guy is standing on a skull and comes wearing his own shell necklace. Sorry about the pick. Maholla!!

[ Edited by: freddieballsomic 2006-02-13 17:15 ]

[ Edited by: freddieballsomic 2006-02-14 11:45 ]

[ Edited by: FreddieBallsomic 2006-02-15 14:10 ]

Here is a link to a pretty nifty slide show site that lets you add your eBay auctions. You can even download the free player to your desk top and it will update as things are added. Check it out it's pretty dang cool and easy to use and it's FREE!

Here is the link to my art and stuff for sale on eBay:

The Lost-isle Trading Post

Thanks for peekin'

Chongolio

Lost-Isle
Lost-Isle Trading Post
Barefoot bloggin'

J

These four tikis are some of my older stuff and because I'm running out of room I am going to sell them, I hope. Admittedly not my best so I am going to sell them cheap. $20 for the black Ku style and $25 for the others, plus shipping. 15 to 24 inches tall. Made from the exotic frozen rare wood of Michigan.

Thank you and have a great day
JP

H
hmc posted on Sat, Mar 4, 2006 11:29 PM

Here is my artwork - Tiki and retro pin-up girls.
These items and more can be purchased via my website http://www.helenmclean.com.au as well as by contacting me via PM.

Tiki Numero Uno - Acrylic & oil pastel - 12" x 12" - $90 AUD
SOLD

Cheeky Tiki - Acrylic & oil pastel - 12" x 12" - $90 AUD

Infantiki #1 - Acrylic & oil pastel - 6" x 6" - $40 AUD

Infantiki #2 - Acrylic & oil pastel - 6" x 6" - $40 AUD

Tropitiki - Acrylic & oil pastel - 24" x 12" - $120 AUD
(Yes, there is a likeness to Pina Diablo, but I made this before I joined Tiki Central, I swear!)

Tower 'o Tiki - Acrylic & oil pastel - 24" x 12" - $120 AUD

Velvet Kitten - Digital print on Fredrix artist canvas - 24" x 32" - $480 AUD
Limited Edition of 5.

Heidi Van Horne - Digital print on Fredrix artist canvas - 24" x 32" - $480 AUD
Limited Edition of 5.

Payment Methods:

Australian buyers -
Direct deposit and Credit Card available.

International & Australian buyers -
http://www.paypal.com
Contact me for my account details to make payment.

hmc
Helen McLean

[ Edited by: hmc 2008-01-01 16:07 ]

[ Edited by: hmc 2008-01-01 16:10 ]

B

bump

Up for sale is a tiki/midcentury ying yang painted Monkeypod dish.

"Happy Tiki Angry Tiki"

Acrylic with gem eyes and glitter paint, completed 12-05. Approximately 16 by 6 inches

$75.00 including shipping (US).

Tiger stripe shield with Mahogany shelf, $50.00 includes shipping.

Next is "Hapa Haole Wahine" in Pastelle on quality archival paper. It has been coated in archival matte varnish to protect the piece. 20 x 12.5 inches. Completed 4-06.

$90.00 including shipping.

Please PM me if interested.

Thx,
ST

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2006-04-26 18:38 ]

[ Edited by: sneakytiki 2007-04-03 11:25 ]

Beautiful work Hmc,JohnnyP and Sneaky!!!! Heres a couple I have left after the recent push...

This last unfortunate headhunter that partook in tsantsa has about 2" of hair tied up, that you cant see in the pick.

Nice pendants, the bloodshot eyes are creepy.

bump

H
hmc posted on Wed, Dec 20, 2006 4:55 PM

Removed listing.

I just realised it doesn't belong here as it's not "Art" as the Subject title suggests!

[ Edited by: hmc 2006-12-20 23:22 ]

On 2006-01-17 12:25, kaha ki'i wrote:
Aloha bruddah's & sistah's,
Mahalo for visiting this post! In response to Kirbys "tikibay" idea, here are a few new & newer carvings up for sale with makepono price discounts for TC menbers. These are some of my latest Hawaiian Makau and other various carvings for everyone to see. These Items are all on display in my gallery but Im offering them up for sale to members of TC first! All of these carvings are Miki'oi (finely made) using only the rarest and most beautiful materials available! Each carving is traditonally lashed and or mounted to an ancient style Hawaiian hand plaited Kaula (made in the ancient kahiko style used for fishing lines & nets). All work is guaranteed to last indefinitely under normal wearing conditions and replacement or repair is done for only the cost of shipping!

The first item up for sale is a "one-off" original carving made from Ancient walrus bone. This pendant depicts the beautiful & mysterious creature, The Manta Ray! This piece measures 1-5/8"x1-7/8" and includes a Hawaiian Kaula (at any desired length, in 3 colors brown ,black or natural). This piece also features genuine tahitian black pearl shell eyes!

This next pendant is a miniature version of an ancient Hawaiian weapon commonly known as a "knuckle-duster". These are well known as the kahiko Hawaiian version of brass knuckles, ouch! Measuring 2-1/2"x1-5/8" this pendant is made from genuine Hawaiian Koa wood and features authentic tiger shark teeth. this piece can aslo be mounted to any length cord desired...

This next piece is one of my "Tiki" makau featuring a full body Moai from Rapa Nui! Carved from rare, extinct stellar sea cow bone makes this a very special makau and a true rarity. This pendant measures 2-1/2"x1-3/8" and is tradtionally lashed onto a 20" Hand plaited Hawaiian kaula...

These next two pendants are known as "palaoa" which were worn by the "ali'i nui" or Hawaiian chiefs and were origianlly made from the teeth of whales. These pendants held great meaning to the kahiko Hawaiians and are mistakingly commonly referred to as "hooks". Both of these palaoa are made from High grade, solid mammoth tusk Ivory and measure 1-7/8"x3/8"(small) and 2-3/8"x1/2"(large)and can also be mounted on any desired cord length...

These next makau are finely made miniature versions of ancient Hawaiian shark hooks (Mano Makau). These carvings are made form Genuine Hawaiian curly Koa wood and feature genuine mammoth ivory barb points. Measuring 3"x1-1/2" (left) and 2-5/8"x1-1/4" (right) these makau are both tradtionally lashed and mounted on a 20" hand-plaited kaula...

Up for sale as well is another one of my "tiki" makau made from ancient walrus bone. This makau features a stylized version of the Hawaiian God Kanaloa. Measuring 2-3/4"x1-1/4" this makau is also traditionally lashed on a 20" hand plaited Hawaiian kaula.

This last makau up for sale is a true rarity! Made from genuine Tahitian Black lip pearl shell and south pacific white pearl shell, this makau is a rarely seen version of an ancient Hawaiian composite makau. This style makau originates from the south point of the big island over 1000 years ago. Originally made from human or animal bone, this piece includes genuine Hawaiian koa wood "lashing wedges" (a true Hawaiian innovation where small pieces of wood were used to tighten up the bottom lashing connecting the barb & shaft together, very strong!). Measuring 2"x7/8", this makau also comes tradtionally lashed on a 20" hand plaited Hawaiian Kaula.

If youre interested in any of the above works, personal message with your inquiry and Ill get back to you wikiwiki with a price! (please include your address so I can estimate shipping cost too!) Mahalo for your interest & viewing this long winded post! I hope to hear from some of you soon!

Malama Pono!

[ Edited by: kaha ki'i 2006-01-17 17:39 ]

Pages: 1 36 replies