Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

SoCal Wine Lovers Join Me For Dinner Thurs, Jan 19!

Pages: 1 9 replies

Aloha, Foodies and Winos!

Looking to enjoy the finest of hand-crafted Napa Valley wines expertly paired with a multi-course dinner served up in a sleek modern setting? Well, your answer shoud be "YES!" So please join me for a winemaker dinner at Visions Restaurant in San Diego on Thursdsay January 19. I'll be there to talk about wine, food, ukuleles and whatver else strikes a fancy. Rumor is that The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa may appear, too. But who knows for sure, she's so mysterious! What is for sure is that it'll be a wonderful evening of indulging the senses. Come and join in on the fun. Call the restaurant directly for more info and reservations. Let 'em know you want in on the Judd's Hill Wine Dinner. I'll try to work in some old-time Hawaiian crooning along with my uke in between courses.

http://www.visionsrestaurant.com

Hope to see you there.

-Weird Uncle Tiki

[ Edited by: weirduncletiki 2006-01-15 11:38 ]

wahhh! We want one for NorCal.

A
Al-ii posted on Sun, Jan 15, 2006 7:58 PM

in
Mahalo,
Al

So, Cal???

Pinot!! (said like, pine not) ( not pie gno!!)

Ali'i: Glad you'll be there! You can just relax and enjoy and let someone else do the pouring for once.

Rev: There seem to be merlot (pronounced mer-laht, like alot. Bad, I know) of wine puns going around. Arrrrrrr there any more that you know of?

Jungle Trader: You want a wine dinner in Northern Cal? Well, bring your lovely wife over to the winery and we'll cook up some dinner! Much easier than heading down south.

To the rest of you: Cheers, l'chaim and okole maluna!

-Weird Uncle Tiki

On 2006-01-15 14:52, Jungle Trader wrote:
wahhh! We want one for NorCal.

And one in Los Angeles too!!!

If only I wasn't sick :(

This sounds like a wonderful evening! And it's right here close to me, too! Grrrrrrr.......... Well, hopefully it will happen another time !

Hope everyone who goes has a terrific time!

It's now sold out. Thank you for your interest. Hey gang... if anyone wants to meet up for a quick Goof Punch, I'll be at Bali Hai on Shelter Island tonight (Wednesday) at 6:00PM. I may have to skip out by 8:00 for work related function, but it'd be swell to meet up for a bit. Mahalo!

-Weird Unc

p.s. TikiTiki Boom: Feel better!

If you ever visit Weirduncletiki's winery, be sure to ask for the tour. You'll get to see the topless Hawaiian girls crushing grapes.

Lovely wife? Why thank you lovely man. Offer accepted.

Ahhhyes, thanks for the tip ookoo.

Pages: 1 9 replies