Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Have you ever done this?

Pages: 1 11 replies

Has anyone here ever looked at their tiki mug collection and try to imagine what they would be like if they were alive? How they would walk, talk, etc. Like the old Warner Bros. cartoon where all the groceries in the grocery store come to life. I have been doing this lately and it is actually pretty cool. I actually think that the BEST tiki mug design is one where you can imagine it coming to life and walking on its own. Am I crazy or have I just had one too many Mai Tai's?

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

K

I actually witnessed this after eating a piece of paper with Mickey's picture on it.

W

"Am I crazy or have I just had one too many Mai Tai's?"

If you are we all are (and as you have we all have)...

Way back whenever, before recorded Tiki Central history, in the days of Ye Olde Yahoo! before the Great Migration there was talk of the possibility of just such a cartoon. A Tiki bar after hours, all the mugs frolicking about.

yeah with Mickey...anything can happen and does. yeah yeah yeah It's like heaven, you think it and it happens, you want to see it, you're suddenly IN IT. Life as a cartoon, full of cartoon people and newspaper taxis. edited to add on

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader 2006-01-15 15:33 ]

TM

No, you're crazy.

M

Way back whenever, before recorded Tiki Central history, in the days of Ye Olde Yahoo! before the Great Migration there was talk of the possibility of just such a cartoon. A Tiki bar after hours, all the mugs frolicking about.

That sounds like it could be the start of the Tiki Room movie script another poster was seeking recently. Maybe the tiki bar has a caged parrot that learns to sing along with the mugs as they sing each night, then they all seek to expand the band, but are always fearful that the gods who accidentally endowed the mugs with their powers might take notice and undo their mistake, but so far the gods have forgotten about the powers they gave the mugs, since the power was given during one particularly intense luau of the gods...

M

On 2006-01-15 12:15, Jeff Central wrote:
Has anyone here ever looked at their tiki mug collection and try to imagine what they would be like if they were alive?
Am I crazy or have I just had one too many Mai Tai's?

Well, I had a friend once who had a scenic forest mural in his living room and he claimed to see deer come out of it at times. But then again, he used to take stuff a lot stronger than Mai Tais.

Did someone drop a Micky in your Mai Tai? This happens Often to those who imbibe for Sacred Visions! If it happens again take pictures!!! But there's a warning that comes with such visions -Few Will Believe so be careful who you tell!!

I do think this would be a great idea for a cartoon. Seeing the tiki mugs come to life after hours and frolicking about in a Tiki Bar is just way too cool of an idea. Maybe I just have too vivid of an imagination or I watched way to many Loony Tunes as a kid. My days of the "acid test" were over 20 years ago!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

H

There's one underway, Tiki Bar the Animated Series. The guy developing it has posted here as 3rdMARTINI:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=4906&forum=1

The website won't load on my computer, maybe you'll have better luck. Every once in a while there's an update on his blog about his progress on the project:

http://blog.3rdmartini.com/

Wow! Thanks for the info Humuhumu. I got the page to load but there is not much content there. His original post actually started way back in 2003, then he updated it again just last month. He works slower than I do. Still it sounds like he has great ideas. I will have to keep checking back. Thanks again for the tip!

I think I recall someone animating a SHAG picture once of the Enchanted Tiki Room. Everything in the room was alive. Anyone remember this? It might have been Tiki Farm animation.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

On 2006-01-15 12:15, Jeff Central wrote:
Has anyone here ever looked at their tiki mug collection and try to imagine what they would be like if they were alive?

This usually happens when I go heavy with the 151. :)

Pages: 1 11 replies