Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

b-o-m-b-o-r-a-s, yeah!

Pages: 1 7 replies

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=47731817

don't know much about MySpace, but Gregg set up this trip down memory lane for friends and bands and mates and fans alike.
drop down to messages and see kick the reverb is an "add on."

K

la - home of tiki ti - yes man!

My ex-boyfriend turned me on to these guys!!! Wish I had seen them live. The closest I ever got was when the Invisible Men (made up of Bomboras members and more garage rock) played, but it wasn't the same.

No doubt...the Bomboras were one of the best, and the band responsible for getting me into surf music...which in itself was a life changing event! Check em out on MySpace.

O

if you The Ghastly Ones head yuor way check em out. Gregg and Dave have been playin with them, and involved in The Headless Hearsemen as well. Dave also played with Sky saxon on the recent Seeds euro tour and limited pressed cd. Jake has Lords of Altamont, with other former Bomboras bandmates, and been busy with his guitar shop in Burbank.
TT

Proud to say I was a Bomboras go-go girl.

(Ok, it was for only one garage music festival, but I kicked - well, shook - ASS!)
LOVED those boys.

And Head-Shrinkin' Fun is perhaps my favorite modern album cover of all time.

On 2006-02-06 14:52, Formikahini wrote:

And Head-Shrinkin' Fun is perhaps my favorite modern album cover of all time.

I'd have to agree... and Mystery Planet has been a favorite of mine since my first listen.

-Z

And for the uninitiated, H.S. Fun is more than just a cover - it's the whole inner fold-out sleeve that kills me, with every song title illustrated as a children's game.

A really sick children's game, that is :wink:.

Pages: 1 7 replies