Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

New Hawaiian kine carvings for sale exclusively to TC members! new ones added 1/31

Pages: 1 31 replies

KK

Aloha bruddah's & sistah's,
Mahalo for visiting this post! Up for sale are some of my latest Hawaiian Makau and other various carvings. These Items are all on display in my gallery but Im offering them up for sale to members of TC first! All of these carvings are Miki'oi (finely made) using only the rarest and most beautiful materials available! Each carving is traditonally lashed and or mounted to an ancient style Hawaiian hand plaited Kaula (made in the ancient kahiko style used for fishing lines & nets). All work is guaranteed to last indefinitely under normal wearing conditions and replacement or repair is done for only the cost of shipping!

The first item up for sale is a "one-off" original carving made from Ancient walrus bone. This pendant depicts the beautiful & mysterious creature, The Manta Ray! This piece measures 1-5/8"x1-7/8" and includes a Hawaiian Kaula (at any desired length, in 3 colors brown ,black or natural). This piece also features genuine tahitian black pearl shell eyes! TC member cost: $145

This next pendant is a miniature version of an ancient Hawaiian weapon commonly known as a "knuckle-duster". These are well known as the kahiko Hawaiian version of brass knuckles, ouch! Measuring 2-1/2"x1-5/8" this pendant is made from genuine Hawaiian Koa wood and features authentic tiger shark teeth. this piece can aslo be mounted to any length cord desired...TC member cost: $125

This next piece is one of my "Tiki" makau featuring a full body Moai from Rapa Nui! Carved from rare, extinct stellar sea cow bone makes this a very special makau and a true rarity. This pendant measures 2-1/2"x1-3/8" and is tradtionally lashed onto a 20" Hand plaited Hawaiian kaula...

These next two pendants are known as "palaoa" which were worn by the "ali'i nui" or Hawaiian chiefs and were origianlly made from the teeth of whales. These pendants held great meaning to the kahiko Hawaiians and are mistakingly commonly referred to as "hooks". Both of these palaoa are made from High grade, solid mammoth tusk Ivory and measure 1-7/8"x3/8"(small)$85 and 2-3/8"x1/2"(large)$95 and can also be mounted on any desired cord length...

These next makau are finely made miniature versions of ancient Hawaiian shark hooks (Mano Makau). These carvings are made form Genuine Hawaiian curly Koa wood and feature genuine mammoth ivory barb points. Measuring 3"x1-1/2" (left)$125 and 2-5/8"x1-1/4" (right) these makau are both tradtionally lashed and mounted on a 20" hand-plaited kaula...

Up for sale as well is another one of my "tiki" makau made from ancient walrus bone. This makau features a stylized version of the Hawaiian God Kanaloa. Measuring 2-3/4"x1-1/4" this makau is also traditionally lashed on a 20" hand plaited Hawaiian kaula.

This last makau up for sale is a true rarity! Made from genuine Tahitian Black lip pearl shell and south pacific white pearl shell, this makau is a rarely seen version of an ancient Hawaiian composite makau. This style makau originates from the south point of the big island over 1000 years ago. Originally made from human or animal bone, this piece includes genuine Hawaiian koa wood "lashing wedges" (a true Hawaiian innovation where small pieces of wood were used to tighten up the bottom lashing connecting the barb & shaft together, very strong!). Measuring 2"x7/8", this makau also comes tradtionally lashed on a 20" hand plaited Hawaiian Kaula. TC member cost: $110

If youre interested in any of the above works, personal message with your inquiry and Ill get back to you wikiwiki with a price! (please include your address so I can estimate shipping cost too!) Mahalo for your interest & viewing this long winded post! I hope to hear from some of you soon!

Malama Pono!

For miki'oi Authentic Hawaiian Makau, check out my website! You wont find mo bettah brah! http://www.cabanillamakau.com

[ Edited by: kaha ki'i 2006-01-16 12:17 ]

[ Edited by: kaha ki'i 2006-01-16 13:10 ]

[ Edited by: kaha ki'i 2006-01-17 12:06 ]

[ Edited by: kaha ki'i 2006-01-17 17:38 ]

[ Edited by: kaha ki'i 2006-01-31 11:38 ]

[ Edited by: kaha ki'i 2006-01-31 13:49 ]

I am tempted to smash the old tiki bank and get one. Nect carving I sell for sure.

Beautiful stuff. Please pm me with prices on the last 2 pictured.
Thanks.

Beautiful stuff..The craftsmanship is sheer perfection! Nice, nice work as always..

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore - testing controls - 2006-01-21 22:30 ]

KK

Mahalo everyone! I appreciate the aloha and really enjoy the responses! BK, you da best brah! Mahalo for the kind words..To all the other bruddah's and sistah's, geevum! These carvings are selling so if youd like to pick one up, conatct me wikiwiki!!!

Mahalo again all!

Malama Pono!

KK

Aloha again TC ohana!
Most of da kine carvings in this post are still available! get yours today!! Im offering makepono prices for da kine to all TC members so PM me and Ill get back to you wikiwiki with pricing & shipping info.

Mahalo again for looking!

aloha kaha ki'i. i got the moai makau today. it's a beautiful piece of art. big mahalos for the tc discount. bullet

KK

Aloha again TC Ohana!
Heres a few more new carvings for you all to spark!

This first carving is another one of my "tiki" makau. Carved from rare extinct stellar sea cow bone, this makau features the ki'i of Hawaiian god Lono(god of peace & prosperity). Carved front & back, this makau is finished off with a nice knotted ridge lashing and a tradtional Hawaiian style plaited kaula...

These next buggah's are a few new kahiko style Hawaiian makau. Starting on the left, ancient style "jabbing" hook made from ancient mammoth Ivory ($95). Next is an "ulua" style Hawaiian makau made from rare mammoth rib bone (nice chocolaty color, yeah? $125) and one the far right is an ancient Hawaiian style "incurved" makau made from stellar sea cow bone ($145)!

If youd like to purchase one of da kine pictured (as well as the other carvings on this post not marked sold), please personal message me and Ill get back to you with a wikiwiki price quote (please include address so I can calculate shipping cost). I am offering these carvings at makepono prices for all TC members, so get yours today!

Malama Pono!

Mahalo for looking!

For miki'oi Authentic Hawaiian Makau, check out my website! You wont find mo bettah brah! http://www.cabanillamakau.com

[ Edited by: kaha ki'i 2006-01-25 16:00 ]

[ Edited by: kaha ki'i 2006-01-31 11:40 ]

KK

Aloha again TC Ohana!
Mahalo for visiting this post!
This next carving up for sale is a "one-off" creation I recently designed. This makau is a Stylized version of a Hawaiian shark hook (mano makau). This one has more fluid lines than traditional Hawaiian makau and a nice paua shell inlay which makes it more "Maori" in style rather than Hawaiian. Made from Genuine Hawaiian curly Koa wood and Mammoth ivory, this buggah is on the larger side measuring 3" in length and is sealed with a beautiful oil/urethane finish...

If youre interested in any of the other carvings on this post or the makau above, PM me with inquiries and Ill get back to you wikiwiki with prices...

I received my Kanaloa makau and it's beautiful. I never really bought a piece of jewelry for myself (other than a watch), but that's what I think of this piece.

aloha! i got the lono makau today! wow! it's a very beautiful carving! mahalo!

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2006-01-28 15:11 ]

KK

Aloha again TC Ohana!
Heres another new makau up for sale...This one is a custom Cabanilla Makau version of an ancient Maori style fishing lure called a "Pa Kahawai". These makau were extremely well crafted by the Kahiko carvers and used such diverse materials as shell, wood & bone. The paua shell overlay would flash as the hook rotated attracting the fishes strike, thus embedding the barb, Hana Pa'a!(fish on!)
This makau is made from Genuine Curly Koa wood, New Zealand Paua Shell and ancient mammoth Ivory for the barb. Finished off with a nice knotted ridge lashing, this makau is mounted on one of my Hawaiian style hand-plaited kaula(cord.

This makau is selling for only $135(TC Makepono discount price. I should post costs for all my work for sale up on this post and everything on this post not marked sold is still available. If youre concerned with purchasing da kine form me, just check the previous replies to see other TC members comments! Hope to hear from some of you soon and Mahalo for looking!

KK

Aloha again TC Ohana!
Heres two more carvings I forgot to post for sale!
This buggah is one of my original designs featuring a Hawaiian/Tahitian style honu. The honu is a fairly common spirit god image seen all throughout Polynesia but with this buggah I combined the two different styles to create an original Honu carving!
Made from ancient walrus bone, this pendant features Tahitian Black pearl shell inlay and a nice walrus bone bead (which adds a nice touch and hold the pendant securely on the kaula...TC member cost:$145

This next carving is a "Mini Moai" pendant carved for a TC member from ancient Mammoth Ivory BUT THEY DONT WANT IT ANYMORE SO ITS NOW FOR SALE!. This little guy measures 2"x1/2" and has a sterling silver bale & ring at the top of the head. He comes with a Hawaiian style hand-plaited kaula in your desired length and color choice (natural, brown or black).

If youre interested, just PM me for info! Also, Ive added costs to the previous posts so spark it! Get these while theyre still available as I dont mass produce these miki'oi kine carvings. Most of my makau and carvings are original "one-off" creations except for the ancient style makau (which I try to accurately reproduce in a true kahiko style!)
I look forward to your inquiries & comments!

[ Edited by: kaha ki'i 2006-01-31 11:49 ]

[ Edited by: kaha ki'i 2006-01-31 13:48 ]

KK

BUMP! Check it bruddah's and sistah's?!!!
Some of these carvings are still for sale! So if youre interested, PM me and Ill get back to you wikiwiki with specs and quotes! I also do custom orders so if you need a custom carving or pendant, just let me know!

Mahalo for looking!

Malama Pono!

B

Hi there Bra, the numbers you gave me are not good, I have tried in vain to get into contact with you. Are you still in buisness? I have sent emails tried different phone #'s everything, I cant get in touch with you. I need the necklace soon for a gift. Since you seem to have fallen off the face of the earth. I put down a large amount for downpayment and would like you to call me. If your going through a bad time, call me bra,let me know, dont leave me hanging and wondering.

H
hewey posted on Fri, Aug 11, 2006 2:54 AM

barbara - hes going through a bad time, Ill send ya a PM...

B

I have just pressed fraud charges on you. Its been over 2 months an no contact from you at all. I have contacted the authoities in your area and also the FBI's consumer fraud divison. I plan to follow this up till either they arrest you or you call me. We could have avoided this easily by you calling me. Now you will have to be looking over your shoulder always. I still dont understand why you did this. But I will get great satifaction when they catch you to prevent you from ripping someome els off as you did me

F

Barbera

PM sent

Regards
Flynny

P
Paipo posted on Thu, Aug 24, 2006 3:54 PM

I don't know why you're posting this stuff here - if you'd checked the guy's profile and posting history you'd see he hasn't been on the boards for almost 6 months, and you'd also know why.

B

Yes I know why. . I post here in case he comes back. You dont know the details.

[ Edited by: Barbara 2006-08-25 07:13 ]

H

Barbara you need to leave your personal buisness out of TC.

Hey Barbara thanks for joining Tiki Central!!

B

On 2006-08-25 06:46, hiltiki wrote:
Barbara you need to leave your personal buisness out of TC.

I apologize. This is my last post.

B

This so called artist has finally paid me back. He has indeed seen my post here. The pressure had become to great for him. After 4 months and several calls to law enforcement in his area, he has "decided" to pay me back. I suppose he didn't think I would take it this far, but those of you that know my circumstances know I did what I had to do. There are many talented artist on this web site who are professional in their work and are honest hard working people that I admire greatly. I will continue to support this community and the artist that are here. As they say, one bad apple does not spoil the whole bunch. Thanks again to all who helped and showed understanding and patience during this trying time.

CA

holy feeeeeeeken crap!!! now we are talken!!! TIKI!!

sounds like a real Hawaiian story here... great artwork and an artist a little on the fringe.....

back when i started reproducing my necklaces ten years back, i thought if i reproduced a Hawaiian artist's work I'd have more success with sales.... I had a contact over on Maui trying to hook me up. His response was that he could never get a hold of the carvers... they were nomadic and in and out of jail...

good to know somethings never change.

P.S. when he did find one it took 20 minutes to explain my piece was resin not wood.... good to know somethings don't change...
AND!! also!!! my 'Hawaiian contact' stills owes me $300 ten years later!! a local HB S.Cal guy who thought we would make it big selling tiki in Hawaii ten years ago... tiki was no-existent over there then and the locals shut him down with certain 'preshures'... any way the guy would not return my phone calls when i eventually made it to Maui on my own years later... 'tiki' as we know it today was still not local to Hawaii but in select locations....
I made my own contact with a carver who was very excited to get his work reproduce... but he never returned my 'Letter' to him.

[ Edited by: crazy al 2006-09-04 09:50 ]

B

To me, an artist, whether they carve tikis or paint landscapes, if they demand payment and skip town they are flakes at the very least and more likely cons and thieves.
On 2006-09-04 09:28, crazy al wrote:
holy feeeeeeeken crap!!! now we are talken!!! TIKI!!

sounds like a real Hawaiian story here... great artwork and an artist a little on the fringe.....

back when i started reproducing my necklaces ten years back, i thought if i reproduced a Hawaiian artist's work I'd have more success with sales.... I had a contact over on Maui trying to hook me up. His response was that he could never get a hold of the carvers... they were nomadic and in and out of jail...

good to know somethings never change.

P.S. when he did find one it took 20 minutes to explain my piece was resin not wood.... good to know somethings don't change...
AND!! also!!! my 'Hawaiian contact' stills owes me $300 ten years later!! a local HB S.Cal guy who thought we would make it big selling tiki in Hawaii ten years ago... tiki was no-existent over there then and the locals shut him down with certain 'preshures'... any way the guy would not return my phone calls when i eventually made it to Maui on my own years later... 'tiki' as we know it today was still not local to Hawaii but in select locations....
I made my own contact with a carver who was very excited to get his work reproduce... but he never returned my 'Letter' to him.

[ Edited by: crazy al 2006-09-04 09:50 ]

KK

Whew!
Well everyone...Im back! As most of you know Ive had a trying time this past 6 months and going to hell and back a few times wasnt da kine ride I wanted to take. Ive recently just aqquired a new carving studio and Ive dusted off the cobwebs and this bruddah's jumping in head first...

I spent months "soul searching" I guess you could say, and ended leaving many things behind and letting several people down (including myself). Ive realized a new beginning would never happen if the old life wasnt left behind. Im not a new man, but Im a bit improved!

Ive missed all of you and as some of you noticed, there was a "Barbara" who left many posts accusing me ripping her off...What a story that is. Under a deadline for the makau (which was for her husbands birthday) I completed the makau and shipped it off wikiwiki using USPS priority mail. Assuming everything was fine, I started closing down the gallery , moving etc. and became overwhelmed with problems and put the cell phone, e-mail and my career away for awhile.

Then... The calls started. At first it was just inquiring about delivery, then it got worse. Much worse! the calls started getting a bit ugly and then they got just plain ridiculous and pupule! I was given a deposit of just over $100.00 and shipped out the makau without the balance even being paid! So then theres a message about the FBI, local police and what not...bruddah's and sistah's thats when it got funny. I recieved 3 separte calls stating that the "cops" were after me and I needed to watch my back and the FBI was gonna pick me up, and so on and so on!!!

The final kicker was a call from some moke who was obviously a friend of Barbara's named "big tony" or something like that, telling me he knew where I was, who I was and he was gonna get me! Full gangsta style threatening phone call! Laughing but a bit freaked out, I then decided to call da kine cops! Well, Since I paid for insurance and delivery confirmation on the package (which was never signed for!) The police suggested I collect the insurance, refund the deposit and then press harrassment charges. I had all the phone messages and paperwork from the order still and they believed I should definitely follow through with pressing charges but... You know, I didnt have the time or energy to deal with an interstate harrassment case so I refunded the money and wished them good luck...

What should I have done? Some people are just Pupule and you have let them be (Although if some moke named Big Tony ever comes up to me, he's gonna get a big surprise from this bruddah!)... My reputation as a carver seemed to be in jeopardy seeing as how three times this year my carvings never made their destination, and people were upset. There are many Hawaiian carver's who have given the craft a bad name but Ive ALWAYS made myself accesible to my wearer's unlike many (805-295-0178 call anytime, see?!). I Also guarantee my work and repair or replace the carving for only the cost of shipping, which NO other Hawaiian bone carver will do!!!So now Im back to repair what damage may have been done but I would like to give truly heartfelt aloha's and mahalo'z to all the Tiki Central ohana for the support and kind words Ive recieved. By you believeing in me, it helps me to believe in myself, again.

Please look forward to more work from me and Ill try to respond to any posts or messages (although Im busy with choke orders and new creations!). I cant wait to get back to each and every one of you who supported me with your aloha and prayers during my stint in hell!!!

Again, Mahalo nui loa to all of you and Mele Kalikimaka!

(a close bruddah of mine pulled me aside one day and said: "You know why divorce so hard brah?" I responded with puzzled " shootz,no?"."Well" he said..."Because its worth it!!!!")

Welcome back! Since you're back in business, maybe we can get an "Andy Landry Special Edition' pendant made up for everyone!

Glad you're back and you managed to right the ship. You should have seen the tornado that ripped through this place. Water undah. Where's your studio? I'm hoping to be in Oahu sometime near the end of January. Definitely would like to visit. Aloha

P

welcome back

KK

Greg, Aloha and Pdrake!
Big mahalo'z for the welcome back aloha! I am back for good this time! No wahine or life's problems will ever take me away again!!!
Thanks again bruddah's!

G

Welcome back and no worries my bruddah, keep the new goodness coming too. We all support you in your times of darkness and we are happy to see you are back in the light. Perhaps I can acquire one of your wonderful works sometime in the near future. You are a talented carver and we all know it. Peace be with you.

Pages: 1 31 replies