Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

A friend's 3D tiki images

Pages: 1 9 replies

My coworker Rachel wanted to create a new environment for her online portfolio and decided on a tiki bar. I provided her a bunch of image reference links (from Tc and elsewhere) and here's what she came up with. You might notice some details directly referenced from various tiki establishments, but all the 2D artwork on the walls are vintage images and not reproductions of anyone's original tiki art.

Enjoy.

More details of the room and objects can be seen on her webpage at http://www.rachelnador.com. The model was created and rendered with Maya 3D software.

That would be so good if you could ,make it a full sized wallposter/paper.
I'd certainly have one. Unbelivable.

V

That would be so cool if you could make it real

Wow! Really beautiful!

KK

Aloha! Nice work!
Too bad life's isnt like "lawnmower man"! Id love to hang out in that joint for realz or some kine "virtual reality" program!

great stuff, tell her she's no ka oi!

Malama Pono!

For miki'oi Authentic Hawaiian Makau, check out my website! You wont find mo bettah brah! http://www.cabanillamakau.com

[ Edited by: kaha ki'i 2006-01-16 13:32 ]

J

That is great! Going to the link right now! Gotta get more of that.
JP

R
Rain posted on Tue, Jan 17, 2006 4:22 AM

SO cool.

there was a system of online communication a while back something akin to all those everquest-type games, where you'd have an environment and an avatar - that could be the next generation of tiki-shout!

F
foamy posted on Tue, Jan 17, 2006 5:15 AM

On 2006-01-17 04:22, Rain wrote:
SO cool.

there was a system of online communication a while back something akin to all those everquest-type games, where you'd have an environment and an avatar - that could be the next generation of tiki-shout!

What a concept!

That's some intense 3-D rendering, really really nice. She has the bar concept nailed. I'm always amazed by the 3-D folks and this is a great example.

cool stuff Tikibot...any place with conga bar stools is alright by me....drink...drum...drink...
drum...drink...drum...just like the congatiki room!

Hey Tiki-bot! Tell Rachel she's one talented person. I really dig the 3d renderings of the bar, and she's welcome to post more of her stuff anytime... better yet, if she hasn't already, have her join the fun.

Pages: 1 9 replies