Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Carver in Bonsall?

Pages: 1 6 replies

I was driving out to Oceanside, California yesterday to pick up a power supply for work. Out the outskirts of Bonsall, off Highway 76, lo and behold, a small stand with at least 10 tiki totems! All for sale. Wish I could have stopped but had a mission to keep and deadlines to reap. Was too dark on the way back so I didnt see it again.

Anyone know of this stand?

Locals like to say Bonsall isn't dull... it's just so close to exciting Fallbrook (sorry, inside joke)

There is a cottage industry for carved tiki poles in northern San Diego county. The other day, I saw a pickup carrying no less than 6 of them.

There are a lot of anonymous sellers of these tikis in the area. There are at least 3 retailers in Oceanside, there is a guy who sells them at the swap meet at the corner of Encinitas Blvd & PCH, and there is a guy who is always selling tiki poles on Craigslist. And this doesn't even count the guys selling Tikis at Kobeys Swap Meet farther south. These guys may or may not be affiliated. And lets not forget Bosko, who is located in Escondido.

Curiously, I don't recall anybody selling tikis at either the Oceanside or Escondido swap meets.

BTW, I was roadtripping through Wickenburg, Arizona, and saw somebody selling tiki poles!!!

Ah, ok. I think I saw about 5 or 6 Tiki poles. Outlined features in yellow, so they REALLY stood out from the road. Not super finely detailed from my view, but they stood out. ....

On 2006-01-17 19:34, tikipedia wrote:
Locals like to say Bonsall isn't dull... it's just so close to exciting Fallbrook (sorry, inside joke)

There is a cottage industry for carved tiki poles in northern San Diego county. The other day, I saw a pickup carrying no less than 6 of them.

There are a lot of anonymous sellers of these tikis in the area. There are at least 3 retailers in Oceanside, there is a guy who sells them at the swap meet at the corner of Encinitas Blvd & PCH, and there is a guy who is always selling tiki poles on Craigslist. And this doesn't even count the guys selling Tikis at Kobeys Swap Meet farther south. These guys may or may not be affiliated. And lets not forget Bosko, who is located in Escondido.

Curiously, I don't recall anybody selling tikis at either the Oceanside or Escondido swap meets.

BTW, I was roadtripping through Wickenburg, Arizona, and saw somebody selling tiki poles!!!

Anyone who thinks Bonsall isn't exciting hasn't tried to go to Daniel's Apple Market at 5 PM on a Friday.

I once ran into 2 carvers by the side of the road in the middle of nowhere on the Del Dios Highway. I have their cards still, I'll find them & post their names later.

There's tikis sold in every garden center in North County, even in the Mira Mesa Target's garden center. Also, there's chainsaw tikis being sold at a road side stand less than 100 feet from Bosko's driveway.

On 2006-01-18 07:15, freddiefreelance wrote:
Anyone who thinks Bonsall isn't exciting hasn't tried to go to Daniel's Apple Market at 5 PM on a Friday.

Most of those are folks headed to/from Temecula. Mission Road thru Bonsall is probably the worst stretch of road in S.D. County. But I digress...

There's tikis sold in every garden center in North County, even in the Mira Mesa Target's garden center.

That reminds me... there are a some garden places in San Marcos and on El Camino Real in Carlsbad that has Tikis. But you are quite correct... just about every nursery, landscaping shop, and garden center in San Diego County sells tiki poles. I guess you can say there are more tikis than you can shake a stick at (sorry, bad pun intended). :)

I just went to Vegas and my way there saw the tikis in wickenburg. i was running late and saw them at the last minute. does anyone have a number or know of this carver. any info would be great. thanks

More tikis abounding. Local Stater Bros. has a bunch of tiki carvings and waterfalls and flora and fauna to spice up your life.

and up on highway 74 near my place, someone is building SOMETHING tiki. Palm trees and tiki carvings and what looks like piles of rocks, possible for waterfalls and a portable office trailer next to it. No idea what is going on there. I should stop in and ask sometime....

Pages: 1 6 replies