Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

I need mugs made, not libby

Pages: 1 3 replies

where do people/restaurants get decent mugs made that will also be for sale?

Robertiki
Portland

try contacting tikifarm (www.tikifarm.com) or munktiki (www.munktiki.com). Both manufacturers make mugs for restaurants, usually screened with a restaurant logo. Tiki Farm made the signature Purple Orchid tiki mug (I'm sure you can find pics of one either here or on Ooga Mooga), but I've seen mugs from both manufacturers at Hula's in Monterey, Tiki Farm reproductions of Mr. Bali Hai at the Bali Hai in San Diego, the Lakanuki in Mammoth Lakes was selling Tiki Farm mugs the last time I know anyone was there, and I think the Mai Kai in Fort Lauderdale, FL sells Tiki Farm reproductions of some of their older designs, like the rum barrel and the mystery bowl.
I'm sure that I'm missing loads of wonderful tiki bars, so anyone else chime in if you think of any.
If you want something less custom, more bulk order, you might also try dynasty wholesalers. Their website should be something like http://www.dynastywholesale.com/
Hope that helps.
WTF!!!!???? El Bastardo, thanks for the tip. I'll fix it.

[ Edited by: TikiJosh 2006-01-17 13:09 ]

TJ
I don't know why but your link took me elsewhere

Here is one that works

http://www.dynastywholesale.com/index.html

Custom mugs are a great idea though many classic tiki bars did use some off the shelf items that had been customized. I don't think that there is any shame in that if done in moderation.

I do know that I would be very tempted to make the trip if you came out with a new mug. Anyway back to being on topic. Rum Demon has been making some pretty nice looking mugs up there in Portland. I'm not sure if he was interested in making mugs for a bar but if it was me I'd jump at the chance.

Below is a thread that you may find interesting.
Rum Demon

Pages: 1 3 replies