Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Dogbytes needs to Clean House Sale

Pages: 1 38 replies

D

Newbie Collectors ~ here's your chance to score a some cheap mugs ... 1-4 bucks each YOU PAY SHIPPING (you pick method, and send me a check when you get your stuff) ~ EMAIL ME at [email protected] or leave me a PM on TCentral.

i'm not sure how to do this fairly ~ Who gets what? i'll just use my best (random) judgement at the end of two weeks (Feb 2, Ground Hog Day) to allow people ample time to reply.

also, Shriner Pins for 50 cents each
and cocojoes, wood carvings, other mugs, tapa and dishes! lets just price any cocojoes at 4 bucks, wood carvings at 8-10 bucks, tapa fans at 3, candles at 3 bucks... please read the complete descriptions, a couple things in the pix have already been traded...

3 Sneaky Tiki Lake Tahoe mugs ($4 excellent paint, $3 good paint, $2 fair paint)

2 Leiloni ($1)

Trader Dick ($2)

Trader Dick ($2)

Unmarked 3 face bucket ($1)

unmarked moai($1)

Zeta Beta Tau ($1)

OOH R72 Moai, flaw on back ($1)

2 New Mugs ($2)

TV Coconut ($1)

Creamer ($1)

Unmarked Hula Girl like Harvy's ($4)

RV USA Coconut no white glaze on rim ($1)

Harvey Lake Tahoe 3 face bucket ($1)

2 Al Harrington ($2 each) (chipped on back, 50 cents)

El Sid's Sparks Nevada ($4)

3 Peanut Mugs (all for just a $1) two have rim chips, one is "ok" condition

4 BIG, 1 small Glass Tiki (FREE.. but you're paying shipping!)

T

I'll take the hula girl

T

Maybe a Harvey E paint to have more than one in the box shipped

Hey Dogbytes,

I realize most fo that stuff is "standard" fare as far as tiki is concerned, but I dont have about 90% of what you've got listed!! (Tiki is tough to find here in New England!)

I'd be interested in most of it.

If other people want/need certain mugs for their collections, by all means hook em up (I dont wanna horde your entire offering!) but anything thats left, or if I could get one of everything or however you wanna work it.

I can give you my UPS number, so you can just ship it "collect", and can pay ya via paypal. PM me and we can hammer out some details. Thanks!

i'll take all the coco joes

Hey Dogbytes,

Your not giving up on Tiki are you?

KK

hey bruddah!
Ill take the creamer mug brah...and, the leoloni mug plus one of the al harringtons...let me know what happens brah. Id love to buy them from you asap! Ill use paypal to send you the kala!

Mahalo!

Malama Pono!

D

On 2006-01-18 12:39, tiki-riviera wrote:
Hey Dogbytes,
Your not giving up on Tiki are you?

no no.. nothing like that ~ these are spares, that i tried to trade away.. got rid of 2 things that way ~ i figured, if i posted for cheap, and folks paid the postage, i'll clean up my junk room faster!

oh and to everyone else, i'll answer emails and messages after Ground Hogs Day, so everyone has a chance to request something.. i'll do my best to be fair (its not first come first served..its gonna be pretty random!)

elicia

I'd love the Zeta Beta tau mug. I'll send you a p.m.

Dogbytes, way to spread the tiki love.

At the risk of interfering with aloha spirit, have you considered getting a bookshelf?

Or setting up a paypal account?

[ Edited by: christiki295 2006-01-18 23:13 ]

Ya Dog,
You are very generous to let these go for a great price.

i'll send you a pm on the black and red tiki's (muntiki?) at $5 each a trader dick's and the free tiki glasses... if any or all are left.. :D

mahalo for these offerings,
aaron

Kirby, I will wrassle you for the munktikis.

Grrr.

--SBiM

Dang, is there anything left? Serves me right for being away from TC for a day.

H
Helz posted on Thu, Jan 19, 2006 8:38 PM

This is great. I love the non-linear approach.

On 2006-01-19 18:41, I dream of tiki wrote:
Dang, is there anything left? Serves me right for being away from TC for a day.

go ahead and put your wish list in.. its NOT first-come-first-served.. i'll do some sorta random thing on Ground Hogs day ~ there's plenty o stuff no-one's asked about.

elicia

I'd love to get those peanut mugs.

thx,
Sneakytiki

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2006-01-27 01:56 ]

HOK

Aloha, are any of the tiki candles still available? Mahalo, HoKu

D

Well, time’s up ~ The Groundhog has seen his shadow…6 more weeks of winter. Oh hell.

I wish I had enough stuff to make everyone happy ~ I drew names for the most popular items, and tried to make full boxes to ship. If you've been contacted by email or PM, then you'll be getting stuff in the mail. To everyone else, thanks for playing!

The 2 face glass mugs are just too heavy. I might just bring them on our trip to San Diego and leave them with a local when we visit in March.

elicia

T
teaKEY posted on Thu, Feb 2, 2006 1:27 PM

:(

T

Just an FYI: apparently Staten Island Chuck did not see his shadow so maybe Spring will arrive early!!!

P.S. the D.J.'s in Mass said that Phil is only right 39% of the time. So smile everyone, the odds are in our favor that Spring will arrive soon!!!

Tikisgrl

[ Edited by: Tikisgrl 2006-02-02 16:19 ]

T
teaKEY posted on Thu, Feb 2, 2006 4:43 PM

Its sort of like the TicketMaster policy that they put it place a few years ago:

First in line, gets moved to the back and then wines up with no ticket. Just the motivation to get me off Tikicentral, for a few days.......

On 2006-02-02 09:24, dogbytes wrote:
The 2 face glass mugs are just too heavy. I might just bring them on our trip to San Diego and leave them with a local when we visit in March.

OT, but you're coming to SD in March & May? Cool! :)

R

On 2006-02-02 16:43, teaKEY wrote:
Its sort of like the TicketMaster policy that they put it place a few years ago:

First in line, gets moved to the back and then wines up with no ticket. Just the motivation to get me off Tikicentral, for a few days.......

Teakey , Dogbytes never said it was first come first serve and she tried to make it fair for everyone. Her other option would have been to list the stuff on evilbay and let some deepwallet out bid most of us.

Dont worrie I will call the whaaaaa-mbulance for you.

I tried to explain to why i thought your comments were off in my pm. Guess you didnt get it.
Way to go DB.

[ Edited by: rodeotiki 2006-02-06 11:40 ]

Nice compliments, Rodeotiki.

H

I don't think TeaKEY meant any ill will. I think he was just inversely showing his enthusiasm toward what Dogbytes was offering. Does that make sense?

T
teaKEY posted on Mon, Feb 6, 2006 5:40 AM

Damn Rodeo,

I just wrote how I felt that day. Wait, you didn't win either.

Maybe next time

[ Edited by: teaKEY 2006-02-06 05:56 ]

B

Just got a care package today!! (And just in time for my bitrhday!!!) Thanks SOOO much Elicia!! Payment is on its way!

T

Dogbytes, you are full of it! Aloha spirit, that is. Thanks so much for the package and the lil' extra goody. I'm glad I "wined up" with it!

Payment and more aloha on the way!

T
teaKEY posted on Tue, Feb 7, 2006 4:00 PM

Way to rub it in guys, just kidding.

Wow. Awesome. Thanks.

K

dogbytes – Received a little package in the mail today. Thanks so much for helping out a burgeoning (and broke) collector with your generosity. It’s sure nice of you to help the newbies out – you’re a great example of the spirit of this group

Mahalo for the wikiwiki package full of ohana mana!

I'm looking for some mint condition Franciscan Starburst Dishes. Would
you happen to have any that your looking to sell cheap?

H
Helz posted on Wed, Feb 8, 2006 3:22 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Came home from a lousy day yesterday, and there was a lovely package waiting...completely made my day.

...and the new Marq made friends right away:

Thanks again! :)

Elicia, thank you so much! My Bastards make it safe and sound to Vacationland! And thanks for the little extras you added in! My wife says she will wear the Shriner pin to work tomorrow. :)
--SBiM

T

Mrs. Bytes,
WOW that was fast! Thanks so much! Mahalo and A'hui'hou!

W

Fer anyone that felt they missed out: Last week Dogbytes was given a large Thomas Kincaid picture (Y'know that one of the lil house in the woods full of flowers with all the lights glowing in the windows?) and apparently can't keep her eyes of the danged thing. The rumor among the Jet Cit Mucky Mucks is that she's gettin' tired of Tiki, wants more Kincaid pics and some sorta complementary collectible figurines. Thus The Rongorongo Room may soon become The Hummel Hummel Room!

Woofmutt is pulling your leg a little bit here. The Hummel collection actually belongs to the husband of Dogbytes, and complements his impressive collection of Norse hairy wooden masks.

As to what has replaced tiki in the heart of Dogbytes herself, I heard it's her new hobby of collecting numbers from places that ask you to take a number.

Pages: 1 38 replies