Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Black Tiki Mugs...Any info?

Pages: 1 13 replies

TM

Picked these up on ebay...new? old? I've never seen them.....

M

Very cool. I've never seen them but I want one!

8T

I've got one just like that. Same color glaze. It doesn't appear to be vintage and isn't a high quality piece. Thin walled and probably not meant for long term use. As to origin, don't have a clue.

B
Bete posted on Wed, Jan 18, 2006 6:28 AM

Cool mugs!

T

I sorta like the thin wall mugs. If you hand-build a mug, having it lightweight is one of the biggest obstacles.

Yeah, I have one too. It is really thin and lightweight.

C
Chub posted on Wed, Jan 18, 2006 12:21 PM

That mug is on my wish list. Nice find!

looks like ya got some sam's seafood original tiki mugs there!!! check out the post card from sabu's post in tiki finds...looks like a shelf full of em' in the shop.....

..in fact, in the postcard, there are three mugs missing from the display...i think you now own them!!!

T

Let's see... the Sam's mugs are brown, and the others are black. The Sam's mugs have a square mouth and the others a figure eight mouth. The Sam's mugs have thumbs up hands and some chest area, while the others have rounded hands that go right up to the chin. The Sam's mug figure is kneeling, while the other mug figure is sitting. The Sam's mug has no decoration, while the other mug has decorative edging top and bottom.

Yeah, those might be the same mug!

M

They are worthless and quite ugly. Send them to me ; )

M

Listen to 8ft Tiki, I mean he's a giant Tiki for crust's sake! They're modern. Given the newness of these pieces, most likely of Chinese origin. Not a bad design, better than most.

midnite

F

they dont look like the Sam's mugs to me- but they are not a new mug.

I have a few of these myself, and I feel they are good scores :wink:
You don't see them very often.

T

They look a little like Mauna Loa Detroit's signature mug but aren't quite that either. Very intriguing.

Pages: 1 13 replies