Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Tales of Hot Rod Horror Comix

Pages: 1 2 replies

I spotted this on the Laughing Squid Blog:

Devon Devereaux recently released the comics anthology “Tales Of Hot Rod Horror” through his publishing company Cackling Imp Press. Check out the mini review over at Comic World News.

Tales of Hot Rod Horror: Volume 1 is the new book from Cackling Imp Press. It is a graphic novel anthology featuring work By Rick Geary (Victorian Murder Mystery Volumes), David Quinn (Faust), Attaboy (I Hate Cartoons), Devon Devereaux (Graphic Classics), Christopher (The Ghoulie Boys), Andy Ristaino (Life of a Fetus), Adam Gallardo (100 Girls), and many other talented artists and writers. Volume 1 features 14 original stories that have their own unique take on a supernatural Hot Rod theme. The book features a variety of funny, scary and fantastic art. If you dig Twilight Zone, Tales from the Crypt, Ed “Daddy” Roth or just cool things in general, then you will dig this book.

From the Last Gasp catalog:

A psychedelic ride with a disembodied eyeball, a deal or two with the devil, the true story of James Dean’s car, a Lovecraftian Day of the Dead hot rod race, cars that drink blood, and many other stories to rattle your bones are included in this volume. Created by some of the finest up-and-coming writers and illustrators working in comics today, this collection is guaranteed to satisfy your need for speed and terror!

Devon is one of the artists who created an illustration for our post card series.

Rev. Dr. Frederick J. Freelance, Ph.D., D.F.S

[ Edited by: freddiefreelance 2006-01-19 10:54 ]

A big Mahalo for the link. I am sooo getting this now.

nice one, thanks, I'll have to track me down a copy

Pages: 1 2 replies