Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Mainland tiki on the North Shore

Pages: 1 9 replies

Tiki Centralites,

As most fo you know, life has a way of catching up to you. When you get older it seems like you have more and more responsibilities and less time. Therefore, that is my excuse for being absent from this forum. To tell you the truth, I'm not much of a computer person, I avoid it like the plague when not at work. I would much rather be MTbiking, surfing, or carving.

Well so much for the plesantries, how about some tiki stuff. Recently, my family went on a little trip to the North Shore of Oahu. One of my bros over there hooked me up with a cheap place to stay on the beach and surfboards. He requested that he wanted a tiki. I'm thinking oh Sh*% that there isn't ample time to make one. Well, I did what any of you would have done, I brought along a work in progress.

Here we are posing with boards at our house in front of Log Cabin's (A killer Wave).

Doing a little finishing sanding action. Never mind the belly, too much beer.

Some more angles.

My friend was super stoked on the tiki and he decided to seal it himself with polyeurathane. Everyone on the North Shore was super cool and the waves were insane.

Thanks for reading my topic.
Keep you eyes peeled for the griffin tiki I will be talking about upon its completion.

Will

KK

Hey brah!
Nice one cuz! Dont worry about the opu bruddah! means youre eating & drinking good! So, I know log cabins...Its wintertime now and the waves northshore side are Pumping, yeah?

I look forward to more of yur tiki brah, keep up the good work!

Malama Pono!

Right on Will...

Good to see the surf stoke!

That's where a tiki belongs... out on the beach with the waves...
they dread being stuck in a dark corner of some tiki bar.

Keep up the surf/tiki connection... love it!

My all-time favorite tiki of yours is the memorial to Jay...
A tiki that Jay's spirit lives on through... watching over others.

A
Alldo posted on Thu, Jan 19, 2006 2:37 PM

Nicely done SCTikiShack. Nothing like a pad overlooking the North Shore with the family and your tiki. I used to go over every year for at least a couple of weeks. That whole area is insane for waves isn't it. I've been going to Maui the last few years because the family vacation is in the summer and the North Shore is a lake in August. Never mind the belly bro, all us surf cats that get a little older have that badge of courage. Like Kaha Ki'i said it's all that good drinkin and eatin.

Alldo

J

I had to go back and check your older posts. I'm glad you are posting again. I hope to see a lot more.
JP

NICE Will! Of course you snapped the photo of the tiki, just as some guy is shreddin' a right. Perfect timing.
You're living the dream there man...hangin out on the north shore, carvin, jammin, surfin, partyin'. Good times.

B
Bete posted on Thu, Jan 19, 2006 4:25 PM

That's a cool looking tiki you made there! Sounds like a fun trip too!

Oh man! That's what I am definitely talkin' about. Nice way too take a trip to the Islands. Oh that water, beeyootiful warm Hawaiian H20! sign Good to here you had a good time and with plenty of Aloha.

Chongolio

I wanted to say thank you to all of you.

I am fortunate to currently be able to fit in lots of surfing and tiki carving into my life. I must say life is good, you can tell by looking at my belly. However, I say this keeping my fingers crossed because life can change in a blink of an eye.

Kaha ki'i,

I am totally digging your bone carvings. Maybe if I am rich enough one day I would love to commission a piece from you. You're a lucky man living in your warm water paradise.

Lake,

We are birds of a feather with our surf/tiki style. Quite often I can be heard bitching about how cold the water is here in Santa Cruz. However we are softies compared to you. I hope that our paths cross one of these days.

Alldo & Surfintiki,
I am a lucky man to be able to surf almost everyday and I know it. Santa Cruz is a wonderful place to live if you surf and/or mountain bike. The only reason there is a belly on me is beer, I think. Especially since I bike three days a week and surf whenever there is waves. It is time for me to give up the oat sodas and switch to unfiltered sake.

Johnny P & Bete,

Thank you for the plugs. As an artist It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside whenever I get praise from fellow artists/ enthusiasts. Lately I have been avoiding the computer whenever possible. I think if it wasn't for Tiki Central my home computer would be gathering cobwebs. I have some tikis under construction that I am super excited about and can't wait to show you all.

Chongolio,

What's up dude?
We live in the same town, but I hardly ever see you. We should get together sometime for a dinner/ brew. I have seen all the new artwork that you have at Aloha Grill and it looks killer.

You guys/galls are legends,
Will

B
Bete posted on Sun, Jan 22, 2006 9:39 PM

Thank you for your post, I can't wait to see more of your work, Dude you are too cool.

Pages: 1 9 replies