Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Chinese New Year Celebration (Year of the Dog) at Chef Shangri-La

Pages: 1 9 replies

Susan is really going all out this year!
Chef Shangri-La is having not one, but two Chinese New Years celebrations on back to back Sundays.
The first Sunday, 2/19/06 will feature Traditional Chinese Folk Dancing performances at 3pm & 6pm. For those of you who have not seen these kids you are in for a real treat!
The following Sunday, 2/26/06 will feature the exotic sounds of Chicago's very own Cocktail Preachers performing two sets at 4pm & 6:30pm.
For reservations call 708-442-7080.

See Ya There!
D & C

P.S. Everyone born in the Year of the Dog will receive a special gift

Artwork courtesy of Amy & Duke Carter

BaMbOoLoDgE...where the South Pacific meets the Great White North!

[ Edited by: BambooLodge 2006-01-19 17:49 ]

Who's going when? I have to drop off new decor at Tiki Terrace this weekend so attending Sunday works perfect... and I get to see the talented Cocktail Preachers...

I'm a Year of the Dog-er too!

T

Lake - I think you misread the post, it's not until next month (not this weekend)!

I'm leaning towards the 6PM on show on the 19th, 'cuz I want to see the folk dancing... although the Preachers are hard to resist.
Maybe I'll go twice!
Want to arrange to meet up there?

...and if you'll be at Tiki Terrace this weekend, LMK - I'm overdue for a visit.

Crap... I can't read
Oh well... next month it is...

ha- ya big dope!! I'll see you there lake...let me know if you are in town this weekend as the cocktail preachers are playing at the sandbar in brookfield.

I want to see the folk dancing on the 19th, plus I have the next day off to recover from the drinks!

FYI....
We had dinner with the Carters at the Chef last night and Suzy told us that the reservations are filling up for both weekends. Anyone who wants to attend either show, either weekend, might want to secure reservations soon @ 708-442-7080.
TTFN,
D&C

B

We are really looking forward to the next two Sundays at the Chef. We'll be at both for sure, haven't missed a C.N.Y. celebration at the Chef in the past 4 years. The kids' dancing is so much fun– watch out for those awesome lamps during the dragon dance! We are really looking forward to seeing the Cocktail Preachers on the 26th. too. It will be great to have live exotica and surf sounds filling our favorite Chicago Tiki restaurant.

If you are even thinking of coming out, I'd make a reservation. I think they staff and plan according to the size crowd they anticipate. I hope we will see all the Chicago-area Tiki Central members in attendance. If we have yet to meet, when you are there, please come over and say "Hi"; we are pretty conspicuous. Let's toast the year of the dog with a tasty mai-tai!

-Duke and Amy

This past weekend was an absolute blast! We shared a table right up front, with Duke and Amy Carter and family, and let's just say.....
The kids put on a great show, Suzy was in top form, the Mai Tais and food were wonderful(as always), and it was fun chatting with Exotica59 and crew again. We are really looking forward to this coming Sunday with 2 sets from the Cocktail Preachers. Come on out and join in the fun!
TTFN,
D&C

I think I'm going to drag the wife down this weekend for dinner and The Cocktail Preachers... will be good to see Steve and the guys and all the rest of you tiki freaks :)

Besides, my arms need a rest... carving is in overtime!

Pages: 1 9 replies