Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Ok. I give up trying to get good at pool.

Pages: 1 8 replies

http://www.filecabi.net/video/7poolshark.html

Sabu

[ Edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy 2006-01-19 22:28 ]

Hell, I've given up being good at pool years ago, a 7 year old Pool Shark won't dissuade me from sucking as hard as I can whenever I get near a pool cue.

I feel so inadequate.

YA Sabu!
Thanks for TWO false hopes.
Playing pool and Adultfinder.com :)

So what the hell is bein' good at pool gonna get ya anyway?...ridiculous wealth? world fame? stripper girlfriends? political power? No. You get some street cred, some good times pals, the occasional one-nite-stand, a tab at your fave pool hall or tavern, a stick and maybe a coupla broken thumbs. If that's what you want, don't let me talk you out of it.

An occassional one night stand? Really?
Chalk me up!

On 2006-01-20 22:00, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
So what the hell is bein' good at pool gonna get ya anyway?...ridiculous wealth? world fame? stripper girlfriends? political power? No. You get some street cred, some good times pals, the occasional one-nite-stand, a tab at your fave pool hall or tavern, a stick and maybe a coupla broken thumbs. If that's what you want, don't let me talk you out of it.

You are talking about my idea of heaven!

I'm not showing this to my 7 year old. My 11 year old already beats me on Xbox. I don't need the 7 year old beating me at something too.

On a related note, I was amazed a couple of weeks ago at how much better at pool I was after a couple of Mai Tais. I was afraid I would have really stunk it up after a couple of drinks, but I only missed like two shots (which is REALLY good for me). I just stood there staring at the table after the game thinking "where the hell did THAT come from?!?"

My dad brought home a pool table when I was really young (some kind a very clever trade that he is noted for.) We played constantly and by the time I was 7, I was a shark too (tho not as good as the kid in the video.) However, I was later to discover that the damn table was crooked (clever trade, dad!) and I am only good on my table and I suck completely on any other table. Life is so unkind...

Pages: 1 8 replies