Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Waikiki Girl Doll Clothes

Pages: 1 5 replies

This is was a gift from a friend of mine in Atlanta. It says in the bottom left hand corner that they were made by Lanakila Crafts Honolulu, Hawaii.

I've also scanned the tiki in the background.
This little number is now worn by my Blythe doll and is proudly displayed in Shangri-La.

Yee-Haw & Aloha,
Tiki Kiliki
The World of Tiki Kiliki

[ Edited by: tiki_kiliki on 2002-11-25 07:27 ]

Kiliki,

That is truly a beautiful piece of Hawaiiana. I love the design of the card, the color combination, and the old-school green grass skirt, which you only seem to see in those old Hawaiian Airlines ads from the Fifties and Sixties. The presentation of the whole is so nostalgic.

And I think it's great that your Blythe doll gets to wear this set. Ah, the Kenner Blythe Doll - now there's a topic deserving it's own thread in "Beyond Tiki". The ultimate Mod fashion doll. She reminds me of Vintage Girl for some reason.

I know this will probably make your roll your eyes in disgust, Kiliki, but I found a fully-functioning Blythe doll on a blanket at a garage sale last year for a dime.

I turned around and sold it on Ebay to a buyer in Japan for nearly $300.00. That was the best percentage mark-up of any Ebay item I've ever sold.

Sabu

[ Edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy on 2002-11-25 12:10 ]

Sabu,
You are the Garage Sale Scoring King of California! I'm gonna have to go out with you once to learn the ropes. Seems the only thing I find at garage sales are floppy diskette holders, old ski boots and flashback 80's clothing.

T

I once found an Epilady with the hairs still stuck in it. (At the same garage sale where they were selling the husbands USED tighty whities).

Shoulda bought it and called it an "Eames Era Danish Modern Epilady"."You cannot use it with Panton, only with Pant OFF."

Kiliki, I have a doll from that company, in a box with that same Tiki print on it. Her name is MALAMA ("Bright Light"). She's tanned, has winky eyes that open to a Linda Blair stare, and she is wearing a 70s orange Muumuu.
Only problem is her black plastic hair is so brittle that if you touch it, it crumbles.

My Lanakila

SugarCaddyDaddy

Pages: 1 5 replies