Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

The Blue Hawaiians

Pages: 1 3 replies

I picked up the Blue Hawaiians' "Live at the Lava Lounge 2" CD at my local Tower Record store this week and became an instant fan. This band rocks! Not being too familiar with their work, I Googled them to find out more. I ran across another band called the Blue Hawaiians from Flint, MI (definately in a different vein than the L.A. band). Small woild, eh.

T

YaMon, NO doubt about it - the Blue Hawaiian were a great tiki-surf rock band.

You should check out their Savage Night album as well - more lounge than surf.

Sadly, they are no more.

All raise (your tropical libation of choice) high to the Blue Hawaiians!

The band that plays on the SpongeBob cartoons is also called the Blue Hawaiians though it's a completely different band... small world it is!

I thought that everybody on Tiki Central would have known about the
Blue Hawiians. They used to Play at the Lava Lunge in Hollywood, every sunday, for years ans years, then switched to Weds.. Then took a break. Now they play there about 4 times a year. But now it's usually Fri. or Sat.
there cd's are
Live at the Lava Lounge
Christmas on the Big Island( my favorite x-mas album)
Sway
Savage Night
and Live at the Lava Lounge 2. They are supposed to be doin' a live DVD but it got put on hold, as it's not up to par.

The Slide Steel Player and his son have a side project called
The Vanduras, it's less surfy, and more loungy. Very mellow and quite good. I like to call it Audio Heroin, as everytime I put it on I nod off in a few songs. That's a good thing, not that it's boring.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Whoops, almost forgot, the Vanduras cd is called "In the Dark"
and most of the Blue Hawiians cd's and the vanduras can be picked up at Pascal records.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Pages: 1 3 replies