Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Shag Frames

Pages: 1 35 replies

Mahaloha Tiki Freaks! My name is Link, I own & operate http://www.framefetish.com, I specialize in art presentation using a unique approach to picture framing, I have framed just about every Shag print along with anything & everything, please follow links below for evidence. Since I have been operating on the internet, I have had people from all over the country send me their items to frame & then ship them back in custom sized boxes I have made to secure the quality of the items. If you are local, I operate out of a residential compound in Newport Costa Mesa, CA Wednesday-Sunday, 2-8PM, I would be glad to show you your framing design options & quotes along with my crazy collection of creations.

NEW FRAMES->http://www.framefetish.com/photo%20galleries/New1.html
SHAG FRAMES-> http://www.framefetish.com/photo%20galleries/Shag.html
RUFF QUOTE-> http://www.framefetish.com/photo%20galleries/Buy.html
CONTACT-> 949-645-3744, [email protected] or [email protected], some email filters do not like the word "fetish".

Please look me up for more info!

Thanx!
Link David
http://www.framefetish.com

[ Edited by: Frame Fetish 2007-03-08 02:51 ]

[ Edited by: Frame Fetish 2007-03-13 18:31 ]

We first saw Frame Fetish's work at the Tiki's restaurant in Waikiki. It's so impressive that we had him frame several of our own Shag prints. He has a unique style of matting that incorporates elements of the print, and really enhances the presentation. On top of that, he's a very nice guy and it's fun to visit his workshop.

8T

Aloha Link. Glad to see you here on TC.
To the ohana let me preface this by saying that the following comment is given freely without request.
(That means I said it myself and nobody asked me to, SO THERE!) Now I gotta tell you that we have one and only one Shag print. Had it several years now and we sent it to FrameFetish to be properly framed back when we first bought it. WOW, is it gorgeous. We have "Banana Liqueur" and it is proudly displayed in the entry area of our home. The colors are dead on matches and the matting cuts are exact, clean and precise. I have a very dear friend here that has a framing business and has for 20 years. He has seen this piece and was very impressed. Now I don't know about you but when someone receives a comp from another in their own field, I think that counts double. So in conclusion, I can wholeheartedly recommend FrameFetish to you as a fantastic source for framing your Shag art in a brilliant way. You will be happy and proud to hang Links' work in your tiki space!
OK, unpaid endorsement over. Go for it! 8FT

Thanx to all the framing followers, their patronage & their missionary work!

Link

I

Hi Link,
I first saw your work on Ebay. Proud owner of four Frame Fetish pieces. Love them all.

WOW! Great stuff!

Link,

Aloha and welcome to Tiki Central after all this time.

I have corresponded with Frame Fetish for the past 3 years and I can never stop preaching.

His work is some of the best you will ever see.

I have 4 matted works from Frame Fetish and they all are important pieces of my tiki bar.

Stick around.....

Monkeyman

On 2006-01-24 10:58, Monkeyman wrote:
I have corresponded with Frame Fetish for the past 3 years and I can never stop preaching.
His work is some of the best you will ever see.
I have 4 matted works from Frame Fetish and they all are important pieces of my tiki bar.
Stick around.....
Monkeyman

You can't get (or even buy :) ) a better compliment than that.
Welcome FF!

Hey Link,

I'll half to stop buy the next time I go visit Ragnar. Great work....

K

I just had Mr.Lucky framed:

and it really made the image POP!

Thanks FrameFetish!

T

awesome work, really inspired me.

I've been down the reclaim yard, looking for some inland driftwood for my art.

K

So, so cool.

[ Edited by: Kaikaina 2006-02-28 15:16 ]

Come on link, show us some more juicy stuff not yet available on the website.

bring it

As a matter of fact Monkeyman, I have new items here..........
http://www.framefetish.com/photo%20galleries/New1.html

I am always available for your framing demands!
Thanx again folks!
Link
[email protected]

[ Edited by: frame fetish 2007-03-13 18:50 ]

[ Edited by: Frame Fetish 2007-03-13 18:51 ]

H
hewey posted on Wed, Mar 1, 2006 6:56 PM

Wow - I am really impressed. They do compliment the art really well, but don't take away from it at all. Nice work

Thats what Im talking about.

I really like that circular bamboo cut......

I have searched far and wide and have never found any who does work like you.

T
teaKEY posted on Thu, Mar 2, 2006 9:00 AM

They really add to the art, hell they are art in themselves. I bet Shag has or needs a couple of these for himself

MT

bump For this cool post. I'm having a couple of prints matted by Link. I can't wait to see how they turn out!

i just had this doug horne print framed by frame fetish. i really dig gecko's logo in the matting. mahalo link

GO LINK

Just a week ago, "Kingstiedye" was a stranger, he now has my frame on his wall, gawd bless Tiki Central & thanx King!

"Mai Tai"........your'e up!

"Tiki-Kate" was the first member to visit the compound here in Costa Mesa as a result of Tiki Central, thanx to "ookoo lady"!"Monkeyman" is the man!

Thanx to all for your support!

Link
http://www.linkdavid.com

mahalo link! now i need one of monkeyman's awesome frames.

Yow! Now I'm looking for a Voodoo print to frame like that. I have the card that came with the outstanding Gecko mug. Can that be enlarged by someone with computer chops?

MT

On 2006-03-15 23:22, kingstiedye wrote:

I wasn't going to mention it until my project was finished, but since you mentioned it - they will work on collaborations. I'm having exactly that done right now - matting by Link, then frame carved by MonkeyMan. I'll post pics when everything is done.

E

I have really loved your work since i first spotted it a couple of years ago.

[ Edited by: exoticat 2006-04-02 22:31 ]

On 2006-03-16 19:01, Mai Tai wrote:

On 2006-03-15 23:22, kingstiedye wrote:

I wasn't going to mention it until my project was finished, but since you mentioned it - they will work on collaborations. I'm having exactly that done right now - matting by Link, then frame carved by MonkeyMan. I'll post pics when everything is done.

that's a brilliant collaboration!

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2006-03-18 16:39 ]

E

Well, I finally had one done through Frame Fetish. {{{ Huge thanks }}} to Link for doing a most superb job on framing!

[ Edited by: exoticat 2006-08-29 23:02 ]

V

I just found this thread about Link's fabulous work! A few years back I had Link frame a shot of me in costume (along with some tiny prop souvenirs) on the set of From Dusk Till Dawn. Needless to say, it was a wacky photo - and Link asked for my permission to "Try something new". I took a deep breath and said "go for it" - and man, am I glad I did! SUCH a cool frame! Absolutely top notch work - so creative!

Mahalo link!

Hey Van, I'd like to see that shot from Dusk Till Dawn!

yeah, c'mon henrik! you can't tell us how cool it is and then not post a pic! :)

V

Sorry everyone! I had a feeling you may want to actually see the frame!

I must admit, I had it in storage as the house is one big never-ending construction project at the moment. All this talk of cool frames inspired me to dig it out and hang it over my desk - I forgot how cool it is! Someday when I get around to finishing my haunted office this will have a place of honor:

Link made the frame into a window - as if you are looking in on the vampire madness. You can see some of the cool little props from the set in the close up - bloody dominoes, dice, and monster claws. Link rules!

VanTiki

i love it! mahalo, henrik, for diggin' it out and showin' us!

Man is that cool. I've recently come to realize that many of us are into the monster thing, i.e. Vampira, Tor, etc. More early 60's obsessions, along with secret agents, Batman, etc. Also, sometime next week I'll try and post some pictures from recent issues of Legend of the Dark Knight with prominent inclusions of tiki.

C

Here's my latest LINK acquisition - it just arrived this week. I jhaven't cleared a spot for it, yet, but will soon:

& with a previous LINK item that I LOVE!!

great stuff, croe! those shag purses almost make me wish i was a wahine! :)

Thanx again to all, I am flattered by all your comments, the market is always open for your framing demands!

Link
http://www.framefetish.com

[ Edited by: Frame Fetish 2007-03-13 18:53 ]

[ Edited by: Frame Fetish 2007-03-13 18:53 ]

Pages: 1 35 replies