Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Desperate for Witco bar stools?

Pages: 1 4 replies

M

I know a place in the Bay Area where you can find two beautiful Witco tiki bar stools. Excellent condition, appear to have been re-upholstered in green suede.

If you're interested, PM me, because I keep getting shit from midnite for apparently mentioning this store on TC three years ago.

I say desperate in the subject line because they are asking $850 for the pair. Yow!

On 2006-01-23 13:28, martiki wrote:
If you're interested, PM me, because I keep getting shit from midnite for apparently mentioning this store on TC three years ago.

I say desperate in the subject line because they are asking $850 for the pair. Yow!

which set of witco stools are they? tiki ones? the painted bean-bag-toss-looking ones? non-descript ones (like hacienda set)?

for $850, i would expect a fully stocked bar to come with it. damn!

is this the same place as the one you mentioned 3 years ago which dashed midnite's dream tiki hideaway? because i remember seeing quite a few witco pieces there. at least the owner will bargain. well sorta. eh...i guess it depends on what you define as a "bargain". and gee, for that price i could get two and a half green maori head islander mugs! (yes, i am still bitching about that.)

M

is this the same place as the one you mentioned 3 years ago which dashed midnite's dream tiki hideaway?

Nah, that store was Good Vibrations. It's a long story: You know, travelin' salesman meets handsome young bon vivant. That type of thing. It was the feel good hit of the Summer.

It gets lonely out on the road,
midnite cowboy

M

They are the tiki witco barstools- the ones that look a little like ET.

There is some other non-interesting witco there right now as well- a non-descript (perhaps conquistador) fireplace tool set and a bizzare llama or maybe giraffe magazine rack.

Yeah, he already offered me only $800! Such a deal!

-martin

ahhhh, so it is the same place. yes, when we were there this past summer, there was also this hutch/buffet witco piece buried under some crap that was really neat. it looked very hawaiiana...i want to say that there was a hibiscus-type flower carved into it somehow. really different piece, and definitely witco. and he was offering it at a really low price too. (i want to say something like $175) and yet, alas, we could not purchase it due to the lack of a truck to haul it back to the cow pie town of ripon. sigh.

i would love to get two other e.t. tiki witco stools, since we have one already. but 800 bucks is just ridiculous. we got ours for 60. is he claiming that they came from graceland? jeesh.

midnite! here's your chance! it's all yours baby!

Pages: 1 4 replies