Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Your Tiki Central avatar, please post in here about yours...

Pages: 1 10 replies

B
Bete posted on Mon, Jan 23, 2006 4:22 PM

There are some cool avatars on this site, please feel free to post in here about the avatar you use here and why you picked it. (That reminds me, I need one)

Has anyone shown you how, Bete? It's almost as easy as turning "View Avatars" on or off on the User Control Panel.

I wouldn't really call the pics in peoples' sig "avatars". I think of avatars as a little, pre-set sized image that appears with your login name on the left side of the screen. It's usually built into the forum software. TC just has "sig-pics" for now.

That said, my sig used to be a Tiki-bot (whatever that is), but he got pwned by some homely Mayan rat-dog thingy that was so ugly it scared the tiki away - so you know it had to be pretty ugly.

On 2006-01-24 10:17, Tiki-bot wrote:
I wouldn't really call the pics in peoples' sig "avatars". I think of avatars as a little, pre-set sized image that appears with your login name on the left side of the screen. It's usually built into the forum software. TC just has "sig-pics" for now.

::nod:: I seem to recall Hanford commenting on an older thread about not wanting to do an update of TC to include that, because of all the other cool modifications that TC uses.

Frankly, I'd use 'em, I don't see it as a great loss to not have 'em.

Cheers,
Gwen Smith

B

Mach was cool enough to make this guy for me. Gotta love Family Guy

B
Bete posted on Tue, Jan 24, 2006 3:11 PM

On 2006-01-24 06:37, freddiefreelance wrote:
Has anyone shown you how, Bete? It's almost as easy as turning "View Avatars" on or off on the User Control Panel.

I haven't tried to figure it out yet, as I don't have a cool picture to use yet.

B
Bete posted on Tue, Jan 24, 2006 3:13 PM

On 2006-01-24 10:17, Tiki-bot wrote:

That said, my sig used to be a Tiki-bot (whatever that is), but he got pwned by some homely Mayan rat-dog thingy that was so ugly it scared the tiki away - so you know it had to be pretty ugly.

Yeah, I guess they are more in the "signature area" (but are avatar sized). Some really cool ones posted here (what a cool and artstic site this is). Sounds like your "tiki-bot" was pretty cool.

[ Edited by: Bete 2006-01-24 15:14 ]

When I can use an avatar on tiki realated sites I like to use this:

It is my tiki bar, photoshopped onto a tropical island.

I wouldn't call it an avitar but its something other than a funny line..

B
Bete posted on Sun, Jan 29, 2006 8:12 PM

Captnkirk, that's an awesome picture, very cool.

Here's the story behind my image:

My hat

Pages: 1 10 replies