Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

creating home bar

Pages: 1 5 replies

Okay, I'm finally creating the home bar. What I have is a 6' by 4' opening through the den wall into the bar. I'd like to build a frame for some thatch over the opening. Any suggestions on building the frame and applying the thatch would be appreciated.

Also, the back of the bar room itself is wood. Is there anything to clean or brighten up the wood? Is there anything to put on the bar top?

I put up some home depot shelves in the den for my mugs, but I'm not in love with them. Is there some sort of bamboo or other material to put on the front edge of the shelves?

Thanks for any replies.

Let's see some photos of the space. Then I'm sure the suggestions will follow...

WHERE ARE YOU?

I'm in NY. The bar room is separated from the den by a 6' by 4' opening in the wall. Are recommendations possible based on this description?

On 2006-01-24 18:57, aikiman44 wrote:
I'm in NY. The bar room is separated from the den by a 6' by 4' opening in the wall. Are recommendations possible based on this description?

Email me some pics so that we can brainstorm .

H

I would like to see some pics too. Go through the old creating tiki threads on home bars, and google search "tiki bar"

Pages: 1 5 replies