Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Pets are tiki too.

Pages: 1 21 replies

HH

Well not really but just reading the "any turtles post" made me think about my pets.
So who's got the biggggest zoo? Myself I have a 9yr old iguana "ikaika", a water turtle -"kauai", a rabbit "beanie", a rat "ryu" and some fish. oops and a crab that sits in a little bowl next to the computer, he kept eating the fish.If I had a larger place Im sure we'd have a few dogs running around too but Im stuck in a little apartment for now.

I'll post a pic of my not so little girl "ikaika".

***Into the volcano with him and the lawyers, but save the chickens!!!!
***- bamboo ben

[ Edited by: hula hula on 2002-11-25 16:02 ]

G
GECKO posted on Mon, Nov 25, 2002 8:30 PM

ho cuz, my girl had a iguana for a long time! it died of old age about 5 years ago. I want a nice exotic bird but they go for $1000 and more here on da islands. I see da tiki in da back, sweeeet!

aloha brahdda!

Nice biceps:)

J

I'll post a couple pics of my zoo - nothing too exotic but wait till you see the ferocious action photo that will send chills down your spine...

The middle child Ajax...

The oldest, Comet the Boston Terrier and the youngest, Brillo the Wire Haired Fox Terrier, prepare to lock into a bloody battle for survival...

:drink:

Growing up I had a solid white Arabian horse with ice blue eyes, named "Tiki", she was fierce! I'll post some pictures if I can find any.

L

Funny you should ask---my kitty, Maxi Pads, IS TIKI, she is from Bahooka in Rosemead, and awesome tiki restaurant (just order the chicken and know that they will make any drink in a flaming bowl for two)I'd love to have a local get together there!
Anyway, there is a trailer park or something next door and these homeless cats with kittens. I'd always give them my left-over chicken and go back in to wash my hands. One time I said they should collect money to get the begging kitties fixed and the manager said that the kittens are now having kittens of their own. He was left with no other choice but to call the animal control. So my cat-hateing friend (really he has one of those "check my tires" bumper stickers), Keith and I went out to catch one of the wild kitties and save it. We picked the uglyest one, cornered it (hissing and scratching) and lured it with chicken. She cuddled in Keith's lap all the way home (about an hour. She is the sweetest thing to this day (about 6 years later). You can tell she is grateful. Keith gave her the name Maxi-Pads because she has 7-that's right 7-toes on each foot. When you turn her foot over you see maxi-pads!
We still take our left-over chicken home to her and she loves Bahooka Chicken!
Oh, I also have some other savages! A Mini Pincher (Spike) and a full size Doberman Pincher (Stella) everyone all together STELLLLLLLLA! She's a jealous Bitch (she thinks she owns me)I also have some no-name Koi which will eat out of your hand. Oh, and my son Nick. That's all for the beasts!

T

I'm sorry, was there an iguana in that picture?

Ok - here goes.....

Apologies for me & the wife in there - I put this on my site a long time ago....

We have a Scarlet Macaw named Mango. He says "Aloha" and "Surf's Up". We also have a Dachshund, but he doesn't get the tiki thing.

S

Does anyone have a tropical aquarium to go with their tiki theme?

We have been thinking about getting one for a while, but as renters, the thought of moving a 60+ gallon aquarium full of expensive tropical fish from upstairs to somewhere else, well, it's daunting.

I have so been chomping at the bit to get a Pagoda style bamboo aquarium. Very hard to find! I ahaven't had any luck "yet"

G
GECKO posted on Tue, Nov 26, 2002 1:57 PM

Swanky,

you can get a pagoda style tank like Dawn tiki calls it and not put any fish in it! I have a vintage rattan tank that has some of my collectibles in it. I put one red light and one clear to give it a dim light. I'll post pics when I get off work. I haven't had the chance to check the tank for leaks so I decided to put the mugs in it. I got the tank for $125. which is a good price since these tanks are really rare. You can get one on alohacruz.net but his stuff is high in price!

Yes, pets are Tiki too! My mom's cats, circa 1969:

:tiki:

HH

this is kauai's tank(my honu), still havent put on the raffia top or the leopard print panels but I'll get to it soon.

D

My fishs dream house! Sorry abit blurry! This can be yours for a mere 850.00!

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2002-11-26 20:54 ]

G
GECKO posted on Tue, Nov 26, 2002 9:35 PM

I told you they were pricey!! I have that exact one in California at my moms. One glass is broke. It can be repaired or just used as a display case such as mine now. If anyone near by Oceanside would like to get one, I will sell the one at my moms or do a trade, trade/cash whateva. Not untill I go back to the mainland though. Those were made in Angeles City Philippines. Where my mother is from. They are beautiful rare tanks!

here is my rattan tank

I found a smaller one a few months ago on Ebay, I didn't bid on it, it sold for 60 bucks! :cry:

I've got a 15 year old goldfish that would be very much at home in one of those bamboo tanks!
He will never die, he'll just hang around & become a bigger burden.
He actually has tried to commit hara-kiri about 4 times, but I keep throwing him back in the tank.

He just keeps eating more & getting bigger & BiGgEr & BIGGER!

HH

hey gecko, what kinda price u looking for sell ?

Here's my Beta.
2 gallon "Aquatic Gardens" tank from Petco: $19.99
1 Easter Island aquarium decor: $9.99
1 Beta fish: $4.99
The oohs and aahs it gets from friends: priceless.

SugarCaddyDaddy

[ Edited by: sugarcaddydaddy on 2002-12-09 14:39 ]

HH

woa way kool, you found those maoi's at the pet store? Gotsta get me some. My fishy need more tikis. what store ? petsmart?

hula hula wrote:
woa way kool, you found those maoi's at the pet store? Gotsta get me some. My fishy need more tikis. what store ? petsmart?

HulaHula!
Actually, I got them at Petco, but Petsmart might have them too. Coincidentally, I got both the 2 gallon tank and Easter Island decor at the Petco right here in Huntington Beach next to Li's Chinese.....and, of course, I had to stop by for my eggrolls...

SugarCaddyDaddy

Pages: 1 21 replies