Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Tiki-bot's artwork in Popular Science magazine

Pages: 1 9 replies

Actually it's "Artbot" for that side of my world. I'm pretty excited to be in a magazine that I have read all my life and had always had the silly dream to one day have my artwork appear in its pages. That day has arrived. My images are on pages 59 and 63 of the Feb. '06 issue (with rocket planes on the cover).

They're not too exciting in terms of subject matter, and certainly not very noteworthy to anyone but me (and maybe my wife), but hey, it's a start! I did the work for a graphics house in Vancouver, so unfortunately I didn't get any direct name credit. I'm aiming for a cover next time - with my own name attached! Then I'll be on Easy Street, baby!

Congrats , my dad gets it always and then gives it to me. So I will keep my eye out for it. What was the images of ?

That's fantastic, and truly exciting! Congratulations!

T

Awesome!!! Congrats Bot!

On 2006-01-23 23:35, rodeotiki wrote:
What was the images of ?

It's an article about technology being considered for the re-building of New Orleans and its levees. I did some pop-up flood gates and a floating house. Both concepts are already either completed or being installed in other countries. As with so many things that appear in PS, it's completely feasible, but unlikely to be built in America given our penchant for spending money on disaster clean-up (and sometimes not even that) rather than prevention.

Funny - it's always been a dream of mine to be married to someone whose art is in PopSci!

seriously though, nice work! awesome!
:)
xoxox
mrs. pineapple

I wish my wife would get online and give me public accolades :wink:

Congrats on a great career milestone 'Bot.

Cheers! :drink:

-Z

Cool, man! I dig that mag! congrats!

Way to go Tikibot. Thats a great mag to get published in! Not too shabby

Chongolio

Pages: 1 9 replies