Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Totem Tiki from avacado tree trunk #6

Pages: 1 9 replies

Still have the 3rd head to complete. Avacado is very cool to work with, sands smoother than basswood.

enjoy,

B
Bete posted on Fri, Jan 27, 2006 6:18 AM

That's ery cool looking.

Looks great . how tall is it ? and is the stump still in the ground ?

Your tiki just pisses me off! I had an opportunity to acquire an avacado stump that was huge. The next day when I went to get it the garbage guys had already picked it up. Damn garbage collectors! When I see how good/great yours looks that feeling just came back. Great job. Keep on carvin.

B

Tfish, that is Really Cool. Very nice carving and the wood IS Beautiful. I used to carve it years ago and really enjoyed it. It carves easy, sands up great and finishes Beautifully.
What finish are you going to put on it?

Thanks, Rodeo it is 4'6" and is not in the ground got it from my neighbor after hurricane Wilma along with 2 beautiful pieces of coconut, I have one pic of the coconut I'll post today. Ben using sanding sealer and gloss spar varnish.
Thanks again,

Thom

J

I like the different styles on the same carving. It must be nice carving some "exotic" (at least by Michigan standards) woods.
JP

Thom, that piece is really cool. Lots of work into it, must have taken lots of patience. Avocado just sounds nice... tasty even... I'd stain it with a little bit of a green tint just for that reason.

A-A

P

wow

guacotiki

That wood is beautiful, and your tiki(s) are doing it justice.

Pages: 1 9 replies