Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

My first (hopefully of many) vintage surfboard tiki bar

Pages: 1 2 replies

I am always very hyper-critical of my work, and strive for meticulous perfection in every detail. I feel like this is the first time I can step back and look at it, and feel like it IS complete. Every stroke, every detail, awesome. It was hard work, a real labor of love, but it turned out so nicely, totally worth it.

The top is carved and shaped from a solid door, stained in a mahogany cherry and honey maple stain with a gold leaf pinstripe. Then it was covered with a liquid epoxy resin equal to 60 coats of varnish. Like glass! The front is covered with a mandarin orange/ fiery iridescent faux silk and fruitwood bamboo. The interior is upholstered with an ivy green grasscloth over every inch, with the exception of the padded angled shelves in the center, which are covered with a banana leaf patterned fabric. There is also recessed tube lighting around the entire bar. Made of the finest fabrics from Robert Kaufman & all solid hardwood construction

I am very proud of my bar, it was my first. It was actually a project my buddie comissioned me to do. I had never built one, but I had a really good idea of what I wanted it to look like and how I could make mine different have it's own unique flair.
And for the first time, I'm really truly proud of my art. I always thought it was ok, but this was awesome.

Here are some pics, tell me what you think. Hopefully, this will be the first of many bars. Anybody need a bar?
Mohalo,
Kapu Caleb

E

It looks awesome! Great work!

great looking bar! nice job!

Pages: 1 2 replies