Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

How do I start a tiki event in my neighborhood (pensacola,fl) ?

Pages: 1 4 replies

I'm surprised that there isn't( at least that I've seen or heard about) There are two groups of tiki carvers in the area who are making quite a business out of tikis. The whole area has a retro surf/ beachtown feel to it. I'm surprised that with such an abundant interest in tiki, surf, and beach. The area doesnt have a Hukilau type of event. I might just have to start and organize my own. Anybody have any ideas on how to get an event like that started? Tiki Kiliki? Holden? anybody?

I know that area well and tell you that you best bet would be to do it in conjunction with another event -possibly a car show/club or festival. Make it more generic at first and see how it goes. A hot rod/low-brow art show. There is defintely interest up there but broaden your vision to bring in more people that are on the edge. There are alot of Military families and sofisticated rednecks that could make for a good draw.

On 2006-01-27 12:09, AlohaStation wrote:
There are alot of Military families and sofisticated rednecks that could make for a good draw.

Sofisticated Rednecks...yeah, I've seen 'em...drinkin' Michelob Ultra, drivin' Dodge SRT-10 and Ford Lightning pick-ups with Brooks n Dunn blarin' from their XM satelite radios, wearin' Nudie suits, Iguana skin boots and livin' in vintage, custom-upholstered Airstream trailers...yeah, I know the type.

T

Kapu Caleb,
Funny that you should mention Tiki Party in Pensacola...
The Intoxicators! will be playing in Pensacola at Seville Quarter (130 East Government Street Downtown Pensacola, Florida 32501) on Friday, March 10th starting around 9PM...

Cheers!
Brian Crum
The Intoxicators!
http://www.theintoxicators.com

T

I just received an e-mail from one of the owners of Seville Quarter in Pensacola regarding The Intoxicators! March 10th show...
It says...

Brian, My brother booked the Neon Angels for both nights of our rock a
billy weekend March 10th and 11th. So I am going to have to cancel the gig.
I am very sorry and I will try and see if we can work up another
weekend that we can get you over here to play--If you have any questions please call me..
jack williams

Sorry to anyone that had planned on catching our show...
I'll let you know when they give us a make up date...
Also, I have asked if Seville Quarter would be willing to hold some type of Tiki festival... I'll keep you posted...

Cheers!
Brian Crum
The Intoxicators!

Pages: 1 4 replies