Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Kon Tiki ---Tucson....TC help needed!

Pages: 1 9 replies

.....Aloha Tiki Freaks!

I'm going out to the Kon Tiki in Tucson, AZ. next month
( Feb.) to do some re-work and to deck out the bar, Bamboo Ben style.

***We need a little TC help. We are doing a Hostess Stand that will have a resin top and we need photocopies of anything You have that has Kon Tiki on it. Sign your name on the edge and send them to me ASAP no later than 2/8/06. (The resin pours on the 9th.) You will be part of Kon Tiki history for another 46 years !!! ***

Send them to;

Bamboo Ben
712 Yorktown Ave.
Huntington Beach, Ca. 92648

p.s. Heard something "might be happening" there, around the 3rd week of April too. Keep it open and an eye out!

p.s.

Just cheapy PHOTOCOPIES will do.

Ben to the rescue!

Thanks for helping an incredible, OG tiki mecca, in dire need of some TLC.

p.s.s.

Does not have to be solely Kon Tiki of Tucson.

Can be Kon Tiki anything. Like that Thor dude who sailed that boat!

A collage of all things Kon Tiki !!!

Even sketch it on a napkin ( like spinal tap) and send it on in.

Don't forget to sign em.

And, I must have them by 2/8/06.

Mahalouie!!!

oh ya. if you can keep them to like, 8x10 (max) and under in size. Cool!

Hey ben, Just sent 9 pics. Hope you like. Have you ever used shellac? I use a 50/50 mix of zinsser bulls eye shellac. one part amber to one part clear. Why would this be better? You get an old look this way. To do this it is best to use white glue (elmers) Glue the item down then glue the top of item as well. This seals the item so shellac does not change the color of the item. Good luck!

See, like this.

Hey Bamboo Ben,

I've heard rumors that you were coming to Tucson to help the Kon Tiki get a bit of a facelift. So glad the rumors were true! The Kon Tiki holds a very special place in the hearts of myself and mr cheeky half. It played a large part in our decision to move to Tucson and we are very thankful that Louie is taking such good care of it. I'd like to volunteer myself and the mr if you need any free labor. I'll pm you our phone number and hopefully we can meet when you're in town and welcome you into the Tucson ohana.

I'll route around to see what we can contribute. Did you ask Louie if he had any broken new mugs that could be put in the resin?

cheeky half

MG

Ben,
Let me know if you ever want to use some surfboard laminates for any projects.
Dewey Weber, G&S, Rusty, etc. I have Miller Lite and Fosters, but no Bud..... sorry.

On 2006-01-28 14:30, MEAN GENE wrote:
Ben,
Let me know if you ever want to use some surfboard laminates for any projects.
Dewey Weber, G&S, Rusty, etc. I have Miller Lite and Fosters, but no Bud..... sorry.

Gean,

Got any Lapu Lapu images??
( do they come in Technicolor??)

T

Hey Ben! I mailed you a sketch I did of the Kon Tiki sign early this week. Hope you got it in time! I'm in there every week or so... can't wait to see what you've done with the place!

Mahalos to all who sent stuff. Wasn't able to use it this time but we still have it for the future. Down the road there might be a decopage bar top. Mahalos again for all your times and efforts.

Pages: 1 9 replies