Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Just for fun! A peek at da wife's artwork! Amazing new one added 3/17

Pages: 1 23 replies

KK

Aloha TC Ohana!
I thought you all would appreciate seeing some of my wife's artwork. Although she's not Hawaiian nor does she do Hawaiian Kine art very often, but she is an accomplished award winning illustrator (and the most beautiful wahine in the world!) so here for your viewing pleasure are a few of her "tiki" kine paintings!

Heres a nice watercolor called "Worshipping Wahine"

This next one is of the Goddess Pele (this painting hangs in the Makawao steakhouse, Makawao Maui, Hawaii)

Another "worshipping wahine" watercolor!

This next one is called "the Buta" and looks more indonesian but still "tiki" enough for me!

Heres a beautiful watercolor called "Dream of the Mermaid". I added this one just for fun! Again, this ones not real "tiki" but its one of my favorites and ten times more impressive in person!

You can also check out her other works (painting, photography and even carvings!) at:
http://www.ebsqart.com/Artists/cmd_634_profile_portfolio__1_1_T.htm
Some of these works are also available as prints if anyone is interested, just PM for info!

Mahalo for looking and Im sure she'd love to hear your comments and aloha!

For miki'oi Authentic Hawaiian Makau, check out my website! You wont find mo bettah brah! http://www.cabanillamakau.com

[ Edited by: kaha ki'i 2006-01-31 11:17 ]

[ Edited by: kaha ki'i 2006-03-17 16:44 ]

J

Your wife's work is terrific. I enjoyed every piece. Thank you so much for sharing.
JP

F

Damn. Some of the best painted artwork I've seen on here in a long while. Illustrator? Forget that tag. I like her work very, very much. Absolutely the best (and only, how refreshing!) watercolors I've seen posted here. She can hold her own anywhere.

What with your carving and her painting, I just don't know. Tremendous.

Now I can see where you get some of your insperation... or is it she that gets it from you ?
Very very cool stuff.

I dig the fantasy style of your wife's paintings. BTW, you forgot "Polynesian Princess", which definitely deserves to join these paintings here on TC. "Picking Daisies" is really cool too, but in a freaky way. I wish my wife was an artist! Although, nothing would get done around here...

B

Wow Kaha, you must be SO Proud and by your description of your wife I see you Are and Rightfully so. Great to have a family of artists. I am totally speechless!

Absolutley stunning paintings... beautiful.

All nice work, but I really like the mermaid. And don't worry, mermaid = tiki any day.

KK

Mahalo everyone!
She doesnt actually know Ive posted these pictures! So when I get home Im gonna show her the thread and all your nice comments and aloha! She'll be stoked and I cant wait to show her! Im really amazed at her talent and very proud of her too! You know us artists can be tempermental and hard to deal with sometimes, but Im lucky to have found a wife who shares my loves & interests! (plus, she's a smokin hot wahine! smart & beautiful, a wonderful and sometimes deadly combo!)....

Mahalo again everyone, from BOTH of us!

H
hewey posted on Sat, Jan 28, 2006 5:58 PM

Awesome work! I love "the buta" - the colors and mood of the piece are awesome. I love it. You guys make a formidable creative team!

Arrrrrr-some!

B
Bete posted on Sun, Jan 29, 2006 1:10 PM

Wow, your wife is a great artist!

[ Edited by: Bete 2006-01-29 13:11 ]

Nice stuff, watercolor is a tough medium to work in.

nice stuff. Wish mine would bring women like that into my life...har har har

Lord, Man, you two are an artistic powerhouse..Her work is top knotch. I used to have a book as a kid called "Faeries" , with beautiful watercolor work that I still love to this day. It was similar to the famous Tom Clark "Gnomes" book. Was she a self-taught artist?

Thanks for sharing these, kaha. She does some beautiful work! I like her subject matter as well. I've never touched watercolors other than brush and ink. I really hand it to someone who can do watercolors like that!

So Kaha...is da wahine a new TC member yet...love them all....really like "Buta"...it
reminds me of where my head has been lately......very impressive and we want more....just
the connection with you will make them tiki enough for us!

G
GMAN posted on Tue, Jan 31, 2006 4:38 AM

Kaha,

Wow! Thanks for posting these :) Pretty ladies!!!! Her paintings are great. You need to sign her up so she can start a thread and keep us up to date with what she has going on. I would really dig seeing some progress shots of a painting. I don't think I've seen much of that 'round here.

-Gman

KK

Aloha again Everyone!
Well, my wife would like me to give all of you Big Mahaloz for all the kind words! I wish she would do more "tiki" kine art but she stays pretty busy doing her own kine art! Im sure she'll get the bug to do more Tiki/Hawaiiana stuff after seeing all your great comments and aloha! Ill see if I can get her to join TC maybe so she can post progress pics and such...So anyway, there was one "tiki" kine water color I forgot to add to the original post so here it is...

This one is called "Polynesian Princess"...

Hope you all enjoy this new one and when she does another tiki kine work, Ill post it for you all to spark!

Mahalo again from the Cabanilla Ohana!

KK

Aloha again TC Ohana!
Heres something new my wife has been working on which could definitely be considered "tiki"! She has painstakingly and masterfully created small shrunken head pendants from polymer clay. These pendants are highly detailed and include real hair! This is the first one she's just completed but I do know the next one will have more of a brownish leathery looking skin with straight brown hair as opposed to the curly greyish/black hair and wonderfully morbid greenish skin featured in this piece...
This buggah measures around 1-1/2" in height and mounted to some nice cord Im sure...

So, take a peek at the amazing job she did!

Your comments and aloha will be well recieved and I will happily pass along the response to her!

Mahalo for looking!

P

nice! i just started playing with polymer clay. it can be challenging. her stuff is very beautiful.

boy, that girlie is having a bad hair day!

i love that Buta watercolor! I'm a major fan of Asian artwork, as well as polynesian, and i found that piece to be my overall favorite.

B

Kaha, you better be Very careful, with your wife making images like that, you gotta be extra good and stay with her at all times. This could be the voodoo to take care of a scoundrel, maybe you maybe not. These are Really nice shrunken heads, My respect for your wahine went through the roof, They are difficult to do and she did such a perfect job. You are very lucky to have such an artist be your wife. Nice stuff.

[ Edited by: Benzart 2006-03-19 06:26 ]

H

Those heads are sweet! The detail in them is super impressive. The new paintings are tops too. Its great to see people who are so talented in multiple artistics disciplines! (yeh, Im jealous :) ). Great stuff.

Pages: 1 23 replies