Happy Chinese New Year!

Pages: 1 6 replies

Fire! Fire! Ruff ruff!

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2006-01-29 09:18 ]

P

BANG!!

D

Gung Hay Fat Choy!

ok, thats about the extent of my Chinese.. oh and Moo Goo Gai Pan!

elicia
cantonese school drop out

Yeah!

I've been waiting it to be my year again for, well... 12 years!

perhaps my luck will finally change this year...

thank dog!

-Z

It's the Year of the Dog(bytes).

On 2006-01-29 15:04, Feelin' Zombified wrote:
Yeah!

I've been waiting it to be my year again for, well... 12 years!

perhaps my luck will finally change this year...

thank dog!

-Z

Zomb,

Just make sure you did not sweep the dirt out of your house today. That, would mean that you swept " good Luck" out the door.

( ie; if you vacumed today, take the bag and empty it back out before midnight!!)

Serious.

Gong Hay Fat Choy!

Chinese New Year has always been a great excuse for an exotica evening out for us.

Living in Albuquerque fourteen years ago we and all our friends enjoyed annual reservations at the New Chinatown's Polynesian Lounge with Freddy Kekaulike Baker playing and crooning poly-lounge's greatest hits right next to our table. The serenity would be interupted suddenly while an energetic Chinese Lion danced through the bar but the mellow Hawaiian mood would return as Freddie's sister enlisted tipsy regulars to join her in a hula exhibition (Sure I've hula'd with Freddie's sister, but who hasn't?!) Sweet Jeezus I loved that place! RIP New Chinatown, I'll never forget you.

This year we went to The Chinese New Year Global Gala at the CA Center For The Arts in Escondido.

Listening to Frank Chacksfield's 'In the Mystic East' to get in the mood, we started driving early enough meet our reservations at the excellent Chin's Szechwan across the street and still have time for a couple HUMONGOUS mai tai's in the resturant's tiny lounge after dinner.

The Gala was an eye-popping mix of Chinese music, dance, plays, and martial arts exhibitions.

It's no New Chinatown, but maybe next year we can meet some SD Ohana at Chin's for pupu's and drinks before the Gala.

http://www.gala.ntdtv.com/2006/en/index.html

Pages: 1 6 replies