Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Look before you bid!

Pages: 1 7 replies

It's amazing that someone will pay $41.00 on e-bay for the same mug you can still buy new from munktiki for only $9.99.

TM

....or BarTiki for a penny more, but you get the TC Discount, so .99 cents less....

When my husband got no notice orders to Guam I listed a bunch of stuff on ebay. Mostly my real estate career related stuff. Many things sold for more than they were available for on Amazon or directly from the maker or publisher. I couldn't believe it. I still had no problem putting the money in the bank!

H
hewey posted on Mon, Jan 30, 2006 4:20 AM

Haha - now thats funny. Cant wait for them to realise one day what they have done :) Theyll see the funny side one day

K

You need to read the Q&A bottom of the auction. It looks like somebody got a black or white one instead:

**Q: hi again, can you please cancel my bid. i don't mean to be a pain, but i was going to retract my bid and ebay suggested that you can cancel my bid for me. i like the mug, but since it is available on the munktiki website for $9.99 and my high bid is $20.00 i do not want it. i would not mind paying the $ if in fact is was not available on their website. thank you. gina

Jan-27-06
A: Yes, no problem and sorry for the mistake. This mug is NOW available at http://www.munktiki.com for 9.99 (recently available) I do have a black or white which is not available(at Munktiki anymore) to you or any other high bidder to replace the red at winning bid price, winner choice of 3. Sorry again G. I am posting this to my auction for all to see as I can't edit the auction anymore. -Higi **

Z

A couple of weeks ago someone won an auction for a Tiki Farm Drei Moai for $48.00 when it still available on TF's website for $11.95. Simply amazing.

T

thats 31 dollars in finder fees. The funny thing is, that much money would come from a collector or something but if you were a collector, you would know were to buy. Or they could be super rich.

T

Or, okay the really lame excuse I like to use: oops, I should have looked more carefully on the net... Every once in a while even us big collector types don't pay attention!!!

Pages: 1 7 replies