Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Fishing season is coming up...

Pages: 1 15 replies

Figured I best get started :)

I see he's quite an Angler. yuck yuck

B

Yep, He's got the bait..

I figured if Tongaroa works on the Cook Islands then he should probably bring it to Athens, too!

L
Loki posted on Mon, Jan 30, 2006 8:13 AM

The wood was calling you again i see...may the large mouth bass strike with fierce conviction.

Hey BK! Very cool! I was planning to carve one of those to improve my fishing sucess this spring! Got any tips?

thats looking awsome.

Six weeks until I am in Rarotonga, lots of refference photos coming your way guys & hopefully plenty of fish coming my way.

cheers
Bob

Damn thats cool.

J

Let the angeler... ah err eh... dangeler. Maybe you should sell them as good luck charms to all the baitshops.
JP

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Jan 30, 2006 5:27 PM

BK,

He looks great. That style always appealed to me. I can't explain what I like about them, I just do. Maybe it's the squat shape and the lack of facial features that plays on your imagination. They just look so cool. And this one is no exception! As for fishing, I'm sure he'll do well. He's definitely fishing with a bigger pole than most.....

-Gman

KK

Aloha bruddah BK!
Beautiful work as usual! Im sure he'll bring good mana for you brah! But, You cant fish without a makau brah! Wearing a makau is good mana and insures good luck when fishing or safety when traveling over water! Its looks as if its about time I get a buggah around your neck brah? Again, amazing work cuz! Id say to "keep going" but we all know you will!

Cant wait to see more from you again!

Malama Pono!

Thanks all, should be done soon. Carving a U'U, too, (commissioned) and some jewelry pieces to fill orders but should be getting Tonga squared away here in less than island time :wink:

Real beaut of a tanga BK! I've always dug that little (well, big in your case) fishing god. You do him great justice (like most everything else you carve)

Those shots at top look like you're back carvin' indoors....or are you hardcore and carving outside at night with lights?!?!?!

very cool. I really love this style of tiki

Outside in the freezing weather at this juncture! That called postman carving (rain, nor sleet, nor snow). Or Malcolm X carving (by any means necessary!)

Pages: 1 15 replies