Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

tiki pics

Pages: 1 6 replies

H

this may not be my first three but maybe 3rd, 4th and 5th-I believe the very first one or two were'nt photo-worthy. These range from about 3-4 ft. tall and are carved from local sabal palm logs.
Hope I did the the pic-embed thing right. If not, I'll try again. I'm on a Mac and the rightclick/properties thing doesn't happen.

Very nice , you will fit in well.

B

Excellent first bunch of tikis Surf-n-turf, Welcome to TC. Yes, you Will fit in around here as long as you keep posting art like this. Thanks for taking the time and energy toshare your work. Come on in and stay awhile!

The far right one totally kicks ass
adjust your work schedule so you can carve more and share. (along with surfin' too cuz that's a-okay too)

welcome aboard, matey!

Nice, nice Tikis! It's rare anymore that new carvers start out trying doing anything full body; usually just the old "big face", but you totally nailed all three of these, and with mega old fashioned Polynesian Pop mana! You've got some serious carving chops, man (and a living carving tikis for the taking if you want it!). You da man! Alooooha!

[ Edited by: Basement Kahuna 2006-01-31 20:28 ]

H

Thanks for the kudo's! The compliments coming from you guys mean alot, having seen some of ya'lls work posted here. I'm super stoked about carving up some biggun's now after running up on TC. When I started carving tikis back in mid-late 90's, I had no contact with any other carvers or anybody who even had an interest in the tiki scene- it's amazing it took me this long to find this place.

BK---Jawja boy m'sef. Born and raised up in the Ug-gusta tribe. Actually co-owned a club on Broad St. about a block up from present day Hale Tiki in 90's. Made my first trip into Hale Tiki this past Christmas when I went up to visit the family for a few days. NICE WORK! The bartender (Jamie?) gave me the tour and filled me in on the origins and such of the weaponry and other carvings. Sweeeeet place.

Thanks again guys-you'll be the first to know when chips get flying down here.

These are all really great.

Pages: 1 6 replies