Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

This old Tiki Hut

Pages: 1 2 replies

T

I got a hot tub a while back and put it out in my backyard, then realized that I had to close it off from prying eyes. So I built a tiki hut around it. This drivel just poured out of my head. This project made me realize that I had to do something tiki. The tiki hut is probably the inspiration that got me carving. When I buy my next house, it will have room for a tiki bar (there's some fantastics examples on this site), and it will have a hot tub enclosure, bigger and better than My Old Tiki Hut.

I thought some out there might like to see the old tiki hut, so here's a link:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/gapster/tikihut.html

It's interesting (to me anyway) that the two tiki's I carved so far were made from the pressure teated 4x4's used to make the tiki hut. I just relaized that...!

[ Edited by: tikigap 2006-01-31 10:21 ]

B

Looks like a Fun Tiki Hut. I can picture myself lounging in the hottub sippin on a cold one and listening to someone play the Uke.
Maybe I didn't look close enough, I only saw 1 painted tiki, did you do that one? if so, Great, lets see some More.
Welcome To TC, looks like you fit right in.

T

Hi Ben,

I hadn't started making tiki on my own at that point (except maybe the palm tree and the bamboo walls and pergola), but no carvings. That's store bought :(

I'm carving now to build up a supply though, when I DO get around to making a new hut and bar. :)

Pages: 1 2 replies