Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

The Evolution

Pages: 1 5 replies

First I found a nice piece of Monkeypod Wood, Donned my leather mask and chainsaw and started in....

While sketching him out, I decided to hollow him out as a drum, with a mirror image face,so whether he was upside down or sideways you'd recognize him when you passed him on the boulevard.

After he had a smoke, he went to the beach for the latest Sports Illustrated shoot...

Here he is standing on his head....

Finally, Here's Luki sharing a story with Kakahiaka Nui.....

KK

Aloha!
Wow! I love both da buggahs but I have to say Kakahiaka Nui is No Ka Oi! I love the nai'a head and the mouth, teeth, legs! Its all pono! Keep up the good work!

Malama pono!

By the way, they're brother and sister, from the same monkey pod tree.

now these are very nice....speshally the dude on the right...keep em coming.

B

Another strange one HelloTiki. cool doing summersaults, can't tell if he is coming or going, up or down. Looks like you had tons of fun with him. Then your Kakahiaka Nui is another strange guy and I Love your imagination on him from the snake headdress. the Hula skirt to his hands wrapped up over those awesome feet and toes. What is he holding in his hands?. Cool stuff!.

Thanks Benzart. But, those guys on top of his head are 6 dolphins leaping. They could definitely be more defined. (I'm gonna re-do the guy/gal anyways).
The whole Tiki was a series of lucky mistakes. He/she created himself this one.
He/she is just holding onto his shins.
But yeah, I do have alot of fun trying to stretch the limits of Tiki design.
.........and if it ain't fun fugeddahboudit.

And I haven't decided if the eyes are the holes or the wood eyeballs below them . Mysterious guy, but then he seems happy enough.

Pages: 1 5 replies