Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Untamed Highway art display

Pages: 1 3 replies

On February 10th, Shawn Dickinson and Noah Snodgrass will be displaying original art from their comic Untamed Highway (including the highly detailed tiki bar scene from #1) as well as art from their jungle themed comic for the Hexxers, and a lot of individual paintings and illustrations. There will be a lot of tiki art on display, and those into the kreepier side of tikidom will love the venue. It is taking place at the CIA (California Insitute of Abnormal Arts) 11334 Burbank Blvd.
North Hollywood, CA 91601
The CIA is like a freak show night club. There are no tikis, unfortunately, but as I mentioned, those into the weird, lowbrow side of tiki culture will appreciate the deranged, Disneyesque atmosphere. Check out the displays of a severed arm, mummified alligator man, shrunken heads, sideshow banners, etc.
There will also be a performance by garage/goth band Batlord, and a screening of The Horror or Spider Island and The Giant Spider Invasion. The doors open at 8:30 and admission is $10. Please come out and show some support for a couple of hardworking tiki artists! Thanks!

I Haven't seen it yet, But I heard that there is a door man/bouncer in the comic, That is named "BIgtikidude". I have the Hexxers cd, but I didn't get the comic with it, but need that for sure.
Bummer I'm gonna miss that art show. GOin to a surf gig that night.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

Yes, there is a character named Big Tiki Dude...so named by Mel Spinella of Golly Gee records. Enjoy the surf show! Who's playin?

TC

hey fellas! congrats on the show. the venue sounds perfect for your artwork. i'd love to see some pics after the event.

take care,
chris

Pages: 1 3 replies