Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Full-sized Suffering Bastard Mugs

Pages: 1 6 replies

J

Does anyone know what Tiki Farm's status is relating to these mugs? I heard this weekend that you need to put your name on a mailing list in order to buy them when they become available? What gives???

:drink:

johntiki,
As far as I know, Tiki Farm will be reserving the first production of these mugs to those who are on the mailing list. I reserved mine about a month ago and received a confirmation from Holden. However, I have not yet heard about the release date of these mugs.

I just called the Farm and was told that these mugs will be available through retailers and on the website shortly. Apparently this isn't going to be a limited edition item or anything.

Here's the bumf from the most recent Tikifarm mailout:

"The Trader Vic's Squatting Tiki Mug (aka: The Suffering Bastard) has arrived! Already pre-sold out on our first run in the black matte stone glaze but with plenty of the beautiful new emerald green glazed variations in stock and ready to ship now! We'll have a second lot of the traditional black stone glazed variations available again in about 10 days.

You'll want to note that the new black mug is different from the original in 3 major ways... First is that the interior of the new version is entirely black (vs. an off white interior on the originals). Second is that each mug is clearly marked with incised letters Trader Vic's by Tiki Farm copyright 2002 on the bottom of the mug. Third is that you can buy this mug for only $12.95 versus approx. $182.95 on eBay. So if you want to stop on by the Farm and by a mug, just think - you'll have saved $170 - enough for plenty of Trader Vic's awesome rums & mixers!

Photos of both the black and green mugs will be online in just a few days, but for now here's the ordering info:

Black; Item Nr. BA512 $12.95 / Green; Item Nr. BA512A $12.95"

Trader Woody

The mugs are up now.

J

Got my full size Suffering Bastard mug in the black volcanic finish yesterday and I was in awe!!! This is a wicked mug!!! Top notch work Tiki Farm!!!!!!!!!!!!

:drink:

Just picked up my Green Bastard ($15.00 retail) at House of Tiki (Wes, "1morelapu-lapu"). Green glazed inside and out. Unglazed base. They had 9 on the shelf an hour ago, and I didn't ask if there were more available in their back room. Yeah, I know, $12.95 from TikiFarm direct, but then there's shipping too, and I like to choose my own mug when I can. Besides, you've got to support the local Tiki retailers!

My little Olivia (3 years old) will be initializing the Green Bastard tonight by having her Shasta Tiki Punch in it!

SugarCaddyDaddy

Pages: 1 6 replies