Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Emeryville Trader Vic's on Even numbered Thursdays OR NOT?!

Pages: 1 2 50 replies

M

Ok, after talking with a few TC folk, I propose meeting at Trader Vic's alternating Thursdays with even numbered dates starting Thursday, February 16!
Be there from 7pm on and enjoy the bartending skills of Emeryville's Roberto! ZAZZ!!
What is an Emeryville Even Thursday? The Emeryville Even Thursdays concept is EASY. If the date of any Thursday is an EVEN number, feel free to head to Emeryville Vics! For example, take March 2, 2006. BECAUSE "2" is an even number , it is an Emeryville Even Thursday!

!!!!!UPDATE; SEE PAGE 4!!!!!!!

Mr. Smiley is the most thirstiesterest of
all!
If you like it,it is ZAZZ! If you don't, give it a RAZZ.

[ Edited by: mrsmiley 2006-05-01 09:33 ]

[ Edited by: mrsmiley 2006-05-05 15:11 ]

T

Dat's right, sounds perfect to me! So here's two votes.

Does this make our SF Vic's Mondays "odd", though?! We can make them as odd as anybody wants! Do you still have your DEVO costume?!? :lol:

M

SF Mondays are still every week. :)

T

Count me in for even Thursdays. Heck, I might even go on odd Thursdays too because I'm an oddball.

I'm still in for Mondays in SF when I can (the last 2 have been impossible for me).

Last night Roberto and some of the other staff at Emeryville were asking me and mrsmiley "where have you been lately?". I was too embarrassed to admit that I've been at SF Vic's almost every week and have not been to Emeryville for about 3 months. It's all Martiki's fault! :wink:

M

sorry.

I would have come to Emeryville last night- we were in the east bay! drat.

T

On 2006-02-02 11:07, martiki wrote:
sorry.

I would have come to Emeryville last night- we were in the east bay! drat.

Shoot! It was a spur-of-the-moment idea on my part. We went to Art's Crab Shack (old 1950s joint in Oakland) afterwards. What an experience! Good crab, but not as good as the crab at Scoma's, Buckeye, or Dead Fish. Great fried zucchini. Strong drinks. Crappy service. Too expensive. Classic decor but tacky add-ons (tons of Christmas cards attached to the wall) and bright lights detracted from the atmosphere. Glad I went finally, but I don't recommend it.

We went to the Kona Club for delicious Pegu Club cocktails after. They'll make anything you want with fresh lime and lemon if they have the ingredients. Their rum selection has improved (Demarara, Orinoco). They have tiki mugs and beer taps coming in soon. New jukebox arrived but not working yet. Always a friendly crowd and staff. C'mon TC ohana, show the love for Ben and Al's awesome creation! (at least until Forbidden Island opens) :wink:

M

I can't the first Even Thursday. I will be there the next night for the booksigning, though.

bump

We're going to try and make it...:wink:

Pegu Club cocktails...damn, I forgot how much I love those!!!

It turns out I CAN make this Thursday, but may not be able to maek it on Friday! Who else wants to show up Thursday 2/16?

M

I am thirsty--who is joining me?

T

Perhaps next time. I have a DJ gig tomorrow.

I read up on the booksigning again and am too interested to skip it...and since it's a bit of a drive for us to do two days in a row, I think we're gonna go for that instead of Thursday--after all, it is just one day later! Hope lots of folks can make it! :)

I am thirsty

[ Edited by: mrsmiley 2006-02-16 12:30 ]

M

Weirduncletiki and I will be there around 7pm tonight.

[ Edited by: MRSMILEY 2006-02-16 17:35 ]

T

I am in Oakland & will be there!

M

The few of us who made it last night were treated to "To-GO" samples of Judd's Judd's Hill wines. ZAZZ!!! Thanks, Weirduncletiki. :)

T

Waaal, tomorrow is an even Thursday and I am thirsty!!!

So...um...is anyone else?? :drink: = :)

Hey Tikivixen,
Paul will be bartending alongside Jim at the Conga tomorrow.
If you're up to it, stop by after Vics. It'll be good to see ya'll again (and catch up about LA)

T

Sounds good, we'll definitely do that! :wink:

MT

Hey! No one was there! RAZZ!!! I didn't get there until 9:30pm or so (late night at work). And might I add - that place closes up early!!! It was like ghost-townsville, man.

I did straggle over to the Conga, though, and met up with Mr. Smiley there, who also was coming in late from a previous engagement, and we talked story with Mike and Mano for a while over a scorpion bowl.

T

I was at Vic's from about 730 to 8 while waiting to make an airport pickup. Thought I'd see someone there, but no.

T

Well, when nobody had posted by 5 o'clock I just decided to take Mike up on his post and go straight to the Conga. So we hung out with Mike and Mano and Paulie and had a blast!

I'm so sorry we missed you guys! We left to take Paul home around 9 o'clock--talk about a close one! wah. It's just such a long drive for us to make if we're not sure anyone else is even gonna show up. We knew we had pals at the Conga, and plus, I figured a lot of y'all would've gone to the Lost Weekend for Jab's gig.

We did get to watch Jim showing Paul a fascinating assortment of Vic's recipes and mixing tips, though--cool! Jim made me one of the best Cosmos ever! :D

I'm still totally up for the next even Thursday and hope to see you all there--mew!

M

Next Even Thursday is March 16. I will be out of town and can;t make it. Is this 'every other week thing" ok---or is it too frequent?

I'll be there blowing my small government paycheck. I'm FINALLY getting of my butt and getting out on the town.

On 2006-03-03 15:58, tikivixen wrote:
So we hung out with Mike and Mano and Paulie and had a blast!

Always good to see you, tikivixen (and Bill). Funny thing...within 5 minutes of you leaving, two other TCers showed up and we hung out till closing.

I have to work (in Daly City) until 9:30 PM. Is that too late to stop by?

Emeryville Vic's closes up anytime after 9:30 on a weeknight. So there IS a POSSIBILITY that it is still open, but I wouldn't risk that long drive to find out we have gone. We often go to the COnga or Kona afterwards, though, so get the cell #'s of people who are going and call them when you leave work and see where they are headed.

On 2006-03-14 10:39, mrsmiley wrote:
We often go to the COnga or Kona afterwards, though, so get the cell #'s of people who are going and call them when you leave work and see where they are headed.

Will do!

Argh!!! Damn nighttime training ops! Will I ever get to venture out with the adults??!!

MT

Roll call: Who's thirsty?

I am, for one.

Darn! I was gonna try to make it tonight (yeah, I'm thirsty too), but think I will bow out because of this damnable rain. Not so bad getting there, but it's the getting back home after a few drinks! I will mix up a couple at home and sip them in your honor.

Marking my calendar for March 30th! Have fun!

H

We're trying to make it, but work is keeping us tied up... we're a bit more likely to make it later in the evening, at Conga or Kona.

MT

My spidey sense is telling me that probably no one is going to make it to Trader Vic's tonight. I think I'll catch up with everyone later as well - Kona or Conga? I vote Conga Lounge!

"It's Mai Tai. It's out of this world." - Victor Jules Bergeron Jr.

[ Edited by: Mai Tai 2006-03-16 17:13 ]

M

again, I can't make it

Conga Lounge will be featuring live Calpyso this evening (Mike and Sherri from Apocalypso Now) after 9pm.
Come on by after TV's...

T

Anybody up for even Thursday this week, the 6th?

We're trying to get it together for SF tonight, but probably can't make it. It's been ages.

So--Emeryville? Humu? Mai Tai? Mike? Jab? :)

I have to work late that night - d'oh!

H

We're going to try very, very, very hard to be there this Thursday -- it's downright criminal that we haven't made it out there in so long!

T

We'll be there, then! :)

It's criminal that we haven't seen you guys in so many years! :D

Any other takers? Cynful, what is "working late"? Nine, or ten, or??

We'll be putting in a full day at Forbidden Island, but will try to stop by on our way home - if not passed out by then due to all the paint fumes etc. Then again, it may add another dimention to the Mai Tai!!

MT

Man, there are a lot of tiki events going on this week! Trader Vic's SF this past Monday, APE tonight at the Makeout Room, Trader Vic's Emeryville Even Thursday, "Trader Vic's Tiki Party" book signing at Trader Vic's SF this Friday, and the party at Tiki Hula's Kapili Room in Santa Clara this Saturday!!!

I'm gonna be all worn out come next Monday for Vic's SF!!! I guess my point is, it seems like no one has gone to the Emeryville Even Thursdays for the past few times, basically since some time in Feb. Should we try to continue it, or should we let this event wither away?

T

On 2006-04-05 17:04, Mai Tai wrote:
Man, there are a lot of tiki events going on this week! Trader Vic's SF this past Monday, APE tonight at the Makeout Room, Trader Vic's Emeryville Even Thursday, "Trader Vic's Tiki Party" book signing at Trader Vic's SF this Friday, and the party at Tiki Hula's Kapili Room in Santa Clara this Saturday!!!

I'm gonna be all worn out come next Monday for Vic's SF!!! I guess my point is, it seems like no one has gone to the Emeryville Even Thursdays for the past few times, basically since some time in Feb. Should we try to continue it, or should we let this event wither away?

Does this mean we'll see you Thursday? :D

I don't think too much of a good thing is ever a bad thing. Plus, I don't think of Even Thursdays OR SF Mondays as "events"...they're just comfortable options. Some weeks ya can, some weeks ya can't. No big deal. Or, like See's Candy: "a happy habit." :lol: (Which, by the way, is what I plan to make Forbidden Island...it would be AWESOME to see Martin and Mike--Denise too I hope?)

purr, tikivixen

On 2006-04-05 15:33, tikivixen wrote:
Cynful, what is "working late"? Nine, or ten, or??

I have to work in Daly City until 9:30.

MT

On 2006-04-05 18:38, tikivixen wrote:
Does this mean we'll see you Thursday? :D

Yup. :D

Anyone planning on Thursday night (May 4) at TV Emeryville? We are heading to Tiki Oasis first thing Friday morning, so we are staying in Oakland (park & fly) Thursday night. This can only mean dinner at TV then on to Forbidden Island for drinks afterward. Should arrive at Emeryville around 7:30-8:00pm.

Anyone in?

• Myke
M

On 2006-05-01 08:42, tikiwinebear wrote:
Anyone planning on Thursday night (May 4) at TV Emeryville? We are heading to Tiki Oasis first thing Friday morning, so we are staying in Oakland (park & fly) Thursday night. This can only mean dinner at TV then on to Forbidden Island for drinks afterward. Should arrive at Emeryville around 7:30-8:00pm.

Anyone in?

• Myke

tempting....I will think about it. Are you going to bring your ZAZZ pin?-Smiley

MT

Although I would normally be in for this, unfortunately I will be out of town for a business convention this Thurs. Razz!

(By the way, I'm not shadowing Mr. Smiley's posts. I swear!!!)

Pages: 1 2 50 replies