Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

A request for support from the TC 'Ohana

Pages: 1 13 replies

B

I'm posting this message on behalf of one of our New England tikiphiles, Suffering Bastard In Maine (Jon Bartholomew).

Through our conversations online I just recently found out that his wife, Traci has been diagnosed with MS.

Jon and Traci are the bearers of the tiki spirit in Maine, lots of fun to hang out with, and just generally great people (Photos & posts in the New England Events thread will attest to this!); and I wanted to do what I could to help.

I found out that Jon has volunteered for the MS walk in Portland in April and needs donations to make his goal. Myself, and others from our New England group have made donations, but he still has some way to go to reach that goal.

I emplore the TC Ohana to visit his page on the MS site, and hear the story in his own words. Then, please give whatever you can. A donation of as little as $5 can make a big difference.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Web site: https://www.nationalmssociety.org/MEM/personal/default.asp?pa=53844321&pd=MEM0EWLK20060408POR

:blush:

aw shucks!

Thanks!

--SBiM

Just an update - my wife is fine right now.
she was diagnosed during a period where she lost her vision completely in one eye, but she responded well to steroids and has recovered. She now takes daily shots, and she is quickly getting used to that.

and the really good news... We plan on coming to Tiki Oasis!!!

I just want to thank all the TC ohana here for being so generous and supporting the cause, and I will be buying drinks for a lot of people in San Diego in May!

--SBiM

M

Glad to hear your wife is better! See you two in San Diego.

Thank you!
:)

Glad to hear your wife is doing well, SB! My sister was diagnosed about a year ago with MS, and has basically recovered, except for sensitivity to temperature in her legs. She, too, has responded well to Avirex treatments. My best to you both!

Thanks for your message! since you are just in Boston, want to come up and walk with our team? :wink:

--SBiM

B

Hope your wife is doing well. I have just entered the world of MS with my wife Sherry being diagnosed with it. It is all very new right now and she is in a bit of denial. I will visit your site and look for answer

I'm sending out my love and support to you and Sherry. I know I live far from you, but if I can ever do anything to help in anyway, please let me know.

B

Exotica, I appreciate that. I didn't mean to hijack Bargoyle's site.
It is all so Very new and we are trying to find out info as best we can and I have been kind of laying low for awhile till we learn more.
Sherry's brother is moving up to Molina, just outside of chicago I think next week. Exotica I am thankful for your love and support, If you can ever help I will be glad to ask you, Thanks.

On 2006-04-10 19:25, Benzart wrote:
Sherry's brother is moving up to Molina, just outside of chicago I think next week.

Ben, Do you mean Moline/Quad Cities? If not, there's lots of small cities that start with "M" on the "Far South Side" of Chicago (i.e., Will County).

The MS Walk was this past Saturday and we had a nice team and raised a lot of money.

A new thank you goes out to I Dream of Tiki who also pledged. THANKS!!

--SBiM

B

I will have to check ti for sure, thanks

B

Yes, it is Moline, quad cities area. He is moving in June.

Pages: 1 13 replies