Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

My mother-in-law's dentures

Pages: 1 2 replies

H

Help!!!
Can someone give me a few tips on making a bamboo frame for these teeth? The fisherman who sold me these jaws said they came from this 18-20 ft. great white caught near Anacapa Island in 1988. (But that happens to be when my wife's mom went missing as well). I used to use them for a marine science display at schools. As you can see the jaws kept many of the snot nosed brats out of the water, and the surf free of gremmies for awhile.
The frame would cover about 33inches square.
The display box (pictured) has since been eaten by termites, and I'd like to display these lovelies in a more "tropical" style.
Any suggestions?
By the way, that's Fiji Freddy next to the box (below)

Here's where they may have actually come from ......(Fiji Freddy next to the tree below)

[ Edited by: HelloTiki 2006-02-04 08:49 ]

Hey Mon,
I did a blonde wood silouette of a yellow fin and a mahi for a fishing tourn. Mounted on thin strong plywood covered in black boat canvase and framed w/ split bamboo overall size was 2'x4'. 3m spray adhesive holds the canvase to the board drawn tight on all edges and stapled in th back. Split boo. w/ a machette cut your angles and screw to plywood. If it works, this is the only pic I have pre-framed.
Good luck,

H

Thanks. I especially like the canvass idea for covering my crappy painted plywood backing.
Yeah, that's the ticket!
I just hope bamboo splits easily.

Pages: 1 2 replies