Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Yikes...money talks, Witco walks...

Pages: 1 13 replies

Man oh man, I really priced myself out of the market...and it's gonna get worse:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7741597088&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:1

I am just gonna sit and wait with my new book for the next ten years, until I had time to fill a WAREHOUSE of Witco, 'cause I surely will not be able to afford any after it comes out.
I think people should just GIVE me the stuff for letting them know about it! :)

I think they should give you half the money for using your name and book reference.

Its only fair.

You must admit, though. That's one of the finest examples of Witco Tiki out there. And it's in beautiful condition.

Sabu

H

Yeah just rub it in Sabu, rub it in...

I just saw one of those lamps in person last week. It was very soothing. Quite a bit o Witco here in the OC.

OL

Look at the Witco lamp:

Now look at the lamp made by Monkeyman:

I think Monkeyman's lamp is much better! Let's forget paying outrageous prices for Witco when there are some amazing contemporary artists to collect!

a friend of mine picked one of those witco lamps about 5 years ago at a flea market for under $40. it hangs out in his enclosed tiki patio. makes me drool every time i see it.

T

Let's not forget you can get a quite similar lamp with genuine Witco ancestry from TC's own keigs20 (Ken Pleasant) for a very reasonable price.

I love mine

Wow! Photos of three lamps by the three master craftsmen in this style. As a person who likes to organize and categorize his tiki pictures, this post makes me very happy :)

Sabu

D

argh i wasnt chosen to buy this pair of witco lamps. only $140.. for the pair. oh kill me now.

H
hewey posted on Sat, Jun 3, 2006 12:13 AM

Whoa! Now Witco for me

But Id prefer Monkey Mans lamp anyways... :)

Double Yikes! What a find, whoever made it! Ken just recently had a cool one on e-bay that went by "buy-it-now" pretty fast.

I think Monkeyman's lamp is much better! Let's forget paying outrageous prices for Witco when there are some amazing contemporary artists to collect!

,,yeah, the trick is trying to get artists like monkeyman to sell his stuff...he doesn't seem to want to so we're stuck with witco....

G

On 2006-06-03 04:54, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

,,yeah, the trick is trying to get artists like monkeyman to sell his stuff...he doesn't seem to want to so we're stuck with witco....

Not to speak for him, but I don't think it's that he doesn't want to, it's that he only has so much time to do so many carvings. And they take lots of time.

Pages: 1 13 replies