Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Carvings by Hellotiki--Goddess HubbaHubba Finished

Pages: 1 30 replies

Alaka Kelaka'a (roughly meaning Alka Seltzer) . He started out as a cute 200 pound Coconut log....

And here he is today, proudly guarding our back door, "with a dash of shells and shrubbery"...

[ Edited by: HelloTiki 2006-02-05 22:04 ]

[ Edited by: hellotiki 2006-02-07 08:10 ]

[ Edited by: hellotiki 2006-02-09 21:45 ]

[ Edited by: hellotiki 2006-02-13 09:21 ]

[ Edited by: helloTiki 2006-02-13 12:24 ]

[ Edited by: hellotiki 2006-02-17 19:53 ]

F

Very, very cool. I love the opened up mouth. I want to do a pendant that way, but I'm always afraid I'm going to wreck it. Nice work!

H

Go for broke. (You wouldn't believe my garage. So many mangled tiki corpses....sniff.... Looks like the cast of the "Corpse Bride".

H

Finally done. My 4 ft. Opiuma(?) Wood wall hanging, finished with REAL glow-in-the-dark paint, and TRUE ORGANIC glitter....
"The March of the Night Tikis"
Sorry, there are no in-progress photos. (I started this ages ago, before I found TC.))

also looks the same upside down.....

[ Edited by: hellotiki 2006-02-07 08:47 ]

B

Nice tiki HelloTiki and I Love the wall hanging piece too. The tiki turned out greeat with the finish additions. Well done.

B
Bete posted on Tue, Feb 7, 2006 10:12 AM

That "Alaka Kelaka'a" is a cool looking tiki.

H

This is Hubbahubba the "Fertility Goddess".
This 3 ft. stump was simply shaped like a pregnant woman's torso, so I took it from there.....

next....the staining & oyster shell eyes.

[ Edited by: HelloTiki 2006-02-09 21:46 ]

Really nice stuff Hello, I started my first hollowing out process last weekend. I'll be pounding on it all weekend but as fink mentioned I don't wanna wreck it.
Aloha

Thanks! Any tips on how to smooth out the bottom of this wood hole?
It's about 9" across.

Wow! That's gotta be one of the most unusual tiki I 've ever seen Hum? Maybe I'll try a splt bottom mug!?

Dude! How does one turn a design into a mug? She just might make a good giant mug. And you can use the boobs on the sides for handles!

B

Nice Fertility Goddess. To smooth out the bottom of the hole, you can use a propane torch and a awire brush. Blacken it and brush it off and kep it up until it is what you like. Just ton't catch it on fire and let it burn

Here she is with stain....I was about to try one of Benzart's recommendations. But the cat beat me to it....

And with a little verathane....

Next the shell eyes and Samoa decorations....

This is the first picture of what will be the First Tiki on the Moon (Launch date 3-18-06)....
NOTE: Satellites attached on top. Close ups soon.

The Wings are now finished for the First Tiki that will be sent to the Moon (except, perhaps, for that Moai in that famous Science Magazine illustration) ................

This is going to be the basic structure with the wings attached to stage 2........

Some details of the "satellites" on top of stage 3 of my ship.

Add Space-age coating.....

Here she is! Hubba Hubba the Fertility Goddess is all Pau!

[ Edited by: HelloTiki 2006-02-17 19:57 ]

Hellotiki...hubba hubba and your spaceship are very interesting....I will keep watching to see
what happens with your lunar lander.....nice work on the little heads....be careful...they'll
check you into the same ward that I'm in....

G
GMAN posted on Sat, Feb 18, 2006 5:37 AM

Yep, it looks like a clear case. Fred, we're going to have to ask you to put on this jacket and step into the padded Conga room.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with G.
Great work

B

Yep, I'm afraid you have a reservation in the Big house. Come on down, you've earned it.

Mahalo y'all.
Rest assured, my next design is going to earn me the "penthouse suite" in the Filbert Farm, Pecan Patch, pistachio pit, the almond joyhouse or whatever the kids call it these days

J

Interesting to say the least. The multi-face spaceship tiki is a neat concept.
JP

Here he is back from a successful first flight! We had to wait for the weather to clear in Hawaii.
Lots more new Tikis coming soon.

Visit my new web page:
http://hellotiki.net

[ Edited by: hellotiki 2006-05-29 18:45 ]

T

Hey that's some good stuff you got goin on there Fred - nice website too! Great work!

I do appreciate the nice comments. I've been trying to make up for lost time, after the 6 weeks of floods that we had around March.
This is a picture of my family at the Lanikai Craft Fair......My first fair.
I'll miss some of my favorite children...I...I...Gods forgive me...had to sell some of them.....weep..weep

Greetings from Kailua Beach!

My Sun-Worshipping Cannibal Cutie!
This is "Snookums" the tribal "Shredder"
from the High Society Islands. Tattooed cannibals with highly sensitive information embedded in their bodily markings would be fed to Snookums for "National Security" purposes (to protect his much feared Hotsy Totsy Tribe.

B

Aw' Hell o Tiki, thats a crazy batch of tikis, or is it a batch of Crazy tikis. Cool detail and excellent imagination. You get an A+ and move to the Front row of the class.

TD

hellotiki you have some amazing carvings there, very unique. if you sold them i hope you got what you deserved for them. my favourite is the one you decorated with shells and shrubs. it stands out and catches the eye.
good job and keep them comming.

Thanks for your generous comments. Yes I sold that guy with the shrubbery. I sold a few more of my personal favorites as well, ( and no I didn't get what I deserved for them). But now that I've paid off a few of my tools, I'll hold off on the prices. It is like saying goodbye to your children when the first ones are taken away. I Hope they're happy decorating a nice backyard pool somewhere.
I guess I shouldn't have sold my kids for so cheap either.
I guess they'll be o.k. standing around some strangers pool .

Pages: 1 30 replies