Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Some of Hewey's pics from the South Pacific...

Pages: 1 24 replies

H
hewey posted on Tue, Feb 7, 2006 8:07 PM

Hello all!!! Right now we're sitting aboard the Pacific Sun. I just got back from the Isle of Pines(New Caledonia). BEAUTIFUL!!!!! The sand is like talcom powder. We went snorkling - lots of pretty fish and even a few squids - and we went on a tour of the island, so I got a few pretty photo's! Yep, even spied some cool carved tikis. i will post some pics of em when I get home.

We'll have anotherday at sea tomorrow before heading off to Fiji - Bulla! We'll be visiting Yasawa-I-Rara, Suva and some other place I can't think of right now. Then we'll be heading off to Lifou (Loyalty Islands) and Villa (Vanuatu).

Hope you are all having fun going to work and all that :)

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Kustom Kahoona* - Tiki and Hot Rod Art by Hewey*

[ Edited by: hewey 2006-02-18 05:18 ]

[ Edited by: hewey 2006-02-21 06:20 ]

K
kirby posted on Tue, Feb 7, 2006 9:20 PM

Its like your not even gone... have a great time.... see ya when you get back...

Thanks for taking the time to post a message Hewey, sounds like heaven!

Can't wait to see the pictures,

Sure rub it in Hewey , I hope you get sand in your shorts!!!

Glad to see you having a good time.

H
hewey posted on Thu, Feb 9, 2006 8:08 PM

Yeh Rodeo - I got sand and shells in places I never knew i had :)

Today we was in Fiji - Yasawa-i-rara island, where they filmed Blue Lagoon. Lovely! Should see the lovely tapa map I bought :)

Gotta go - cheap drinks are asking for some company, and I am too polite to refuse...

Beam me up hewey!

H
hewey posted on Tue, Feb 14, 2006 8:12 PM

Well, since last msg I have drunk kava, been to the Fijian cultural centre, bought lots of tiki stuff etc. I cant wait to post some pics to tease you all. My girl got me a gorgeous carved mask for valentines day - shes a champ :) Posting pics soon :)

H
hewey posted on Sat, Feb 18, 2006 5:22 AM

Im back in old suburbia! Damn, we saw some nice sights :)

Ive got 8 films worth of photos already developed. Some nice pics in there too. Ill post some time over the next weeks. I got a backlog of stuff to do.

Woohoo - all of my booty made it through customs too - have to take some pics. You'll love my tapa map of Fiji, masks, club, and cannibal forks :) Some great stuff for those who love the traditional stuff.

Later, its 12:30am, and I should get some sleep. Damn, this chair keeps rockin...

J

Welcome back, post lots of pics for those of us stuck in a permafrost.
JP

F

Yeah, Hewey, looking forward to seeing those. This will be a lot of fun for all of us.

H
hewey posted on Tue, Feb 21, 2006 6:03 AM

Im a slack bastard. Here are some photos for you. Ill write up more detail when its not late at night. Ill do one post per port day.

"Hewey Vision" haha - view from deck of the ship

First port - Isle of Pines (New Caledonia)

A WWII memorial on Isle o' Pines

Sunset:

[ Edited by: hewey 2006-02-21 06:08 ]

H
hewey posted on Tue, Feb 21, 2006 6:10 AM

Second Port: Yasa-I-Rara (Fiji)

Arriving:

The beach and locals hut:

Me getting into the swing of things:

Drinking kava

[ Edited by: hewey 2006-02-21 06:21 ]

H
hewey posted on Tue, Feb 21, 2006 6:18 AM

Third Port: Suva (Fijian capital)

Fijian Cultural Village - Excellant! They outlined traditional Fijian culture and dres and customs. They staged singing and dancing, followed by a mock battle, followed by fire walking. Absolutely awesome.

Entry walkway

The chief outside his hut:

Fire walking:

Sign - crazy detail!

Masks at a market back in Suva itself:

Nice tapa map I picked up for $10 (aussie)

H
hmc posted on Tue, Feb 21, 2006 1:07 PM

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing... and if you have any more pics.....keep 'em coming!

So what sort of checks did they do with your wooden goods?

H
hewey posted on Tue, Feb 21, 2006 1:53 PM

This just the first half of the photos. There is still 4 films to get photos from!

Customs was fairly relaxed about wood stuff. We got everything through okay, and declared everything we had. Untreated wood was okay just so long as it did not have visibale evidence of boras, rot, termites etc.

Excellent!
Thanks for posting all the great pics Hewey, I can almost feel myself right there getting in on the action.

Looking forward to the next batch!

thanks for the pics Hewey....we need more and more.....looks like you were able to get into the
swing of things pretty easily.....

Hewey-
You are so lucky. Please post more photo's please! :)
Later,
Spermy

H
hewey posted on Sat, Feb 25, 2006 4:22 AM

My wahine took the photos...

..to put them into albums, shes a good bird sometimes!

Ill try and get them and scan another selection soonish. Then Ill try and get pics of all the stuff I bought. You'll love the cannibal fork I bought.

On 2006-02-25 04:22, hewey wrote:
..to put them into albums, shes a good bird sometimes!

"Sometimes?" One of my cousins just moved to Byron Bay, don't make me send her over to beat you up for that faint praise. :angry: :lol:

H

On 2006-02-25 21:36, freddiefreelance wrote:

"Sometimes?" One of my cousins just moved to Byron Bay, don't make me send her over to beat you up for that faint praise. :angry: :lol:

Yeh, okay - shes tops all the time. Hell - she puts up with me - that deserves a medal in itself.

what a great adventure you had! thanks for posting the pics...you got more?

F
foamy posted on Tue, Feb 28, 2006 5:42 PM

...waiting patiently...

H
hewey posted on Wed, Mar 1, 2006 2:05 PM

On 2006-02-28 17:42, foamy wrote:
...waiting patiently...

subtle hint? :) Yeh yeh, its one my "to do list"

BP

Hewey
Looks like an awsome trip.
more photos please, your not on island time any more buddy :wink:
I fly out to cook islands next friday & looking through all those great shots has got me even more excited.

cheers
Bob

Pages: 1 24 replies