Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Loewenbrau Keller closing in a couple of weeks!

Pages: 1 28 replies

We all knew it: It could not last much longer.
I am going to Germany today for a week, but will be back next Friday. Let's go there a.s.a.p. once I am back. What could be better than real Germany? Fake Germany, off course!
Bruce, you have to make it there this time you come down here.

Oh no! Let us know when you are back Sven and we will have to go now. I know a few others that will be interested as well.

.....but there is always, Old World Village down here in H.B. . Sven, if you ever get burned out living in La La Land, they rent appartments there too! Spent many nights with my friends Spaten Weiss and Underberg there.

M

Bigbro-should I bring the special Okterberfist outfit??

mrsmiley,
So what's the deal with Oktoberfist? Where can I get a copy? :)

M

Polynesian Pop sez"mrsmiley,
So what's the deal with Oktoberfist? Where can I get a copy?"
Mrsmiley sez--it is available only on BETA. You can find it behind the shower curtain at lame Video rental places everywhere near a copy of "The Maddams Family" video and "The Love Hotel of the Tyrol". Hope this helps.......? ;]

On 2002-11-29 13:06, mrsmiley wrote:
Bigbro-should I bring the special Okterberfist outfit??

That would be in order! ....only thing that sucks for me is that on the weekend you're in town I have a birthday to go to on Friday and Mike's private Tiki Ti Christmas party on Saturday, but the Loewnebrau deserves a full dinner evening.
But that's my problem, you should definetely go there, so if you folks wanna plan something...
I might still make it after dinner

Hey Sven, do you know exactly when the Lowenbrau is closing? For example, if I planned on going on Saturday Dec 14th, would they still be open? Saturday Dec 7th won't be possible for us since Atomic and I are doing a 1940's train trip re-enactment that day. And we would like to make a full dinner evening of it as well.

On 2002-11-30 15:51, vintagegirl wrote:
Hey Sven, do you know exactly when the Lowenbrau is closing? For example, if I planned on going on Saturday Dec 14th, would they still be open?

No idea, but I would assume so...call'em, I am in Hamburg right now. Plan your dinner, and I will show up as honorary German some time in the evening.
Oh and tell Charles when I was packing I found his brown Shoes!

On 2002-11-30 15:51, vintagegirl wrote:
For example, if I planned on going on Saturday Dec 14th, would they still be open?

Hey V.G. aren't you and Atomic gona make the Sam's Seafood run on the 14th? I thought we would be toasting his birthday there that weekend!!!

Yeah, you guys should be thinking about that trip to Sams!

Sorry kids, due to having to save for moving expenses and increased rent soon I won't be able to indulge in the dinner at Sam's for a while.

But meanwhile, Sven might want to double check his sources about the Lowenbrau closing. (Or maybe he just really wanted us to get our butts over there finally.) I just talked to the woman who runs it and apparently there have been rumours not only of it closing for good, but other websites and print publications have also gotten their hours wrong many times (some claiming that they close as early as 6pm). She thinks it's a conspiracy to ruin their business. I told her it might be good if people who've known about the restaurant for a while, but haven't gone think it's closing. It might spur more people to discover it. Well, she still wasn't too keen on inaccurate information about her restaurant floating about. I can't blame her.

So anyway, she said they have no plans for closing in the near future although we are still considering going on the 14th. They are open every day of the week for lunch and dinner except Sunday. (They close for a couple of hours after lunch.) Monday-Friday dinner is served 5:30-10:30pm. Saturday dinner is served 5:00-11:00pm. Dinner entrees range in price from $10-$16. Lunch is $8-$11.

Okay! So, just to round out the info, where is this establishment located?

T

vintagegirl wrote:
"Saturday Dec 7th won't be possible for us since Atomic and I are doing a 1940's train trip re-enactment that day."

As a big fan of the golden age of passenger streamliners, I must have more info on this!

The Lowenbrau Keller is at 3211 Beverly Blvd. in Los Angeles. They are also open for lunch between 11:30-2:30pm.

The 1940's train trip is at http://overlandtrail.com/frameset_index.html
Due to other pressing matters, it turns out we will not be attending that event either.

M

I MIGHT BE ABLE TO GO the night of 12-12 , but i haven't decided anything definate yet.

Alles Gute zum Geburtstag zu mir! Ich kann nicht warten, um die grossen Teile Schweinefleisch und rotkohl zu essen, gedient von den netten prallen deutschen Damen.

On 2002-12-03 23:23, Atomic Cocktail wrote:
Alles Gute zum Geburtstag zu mir! Ich kann nicht warten, um die grossen Teile Schweinefleisch und rotkohl zu essen, gedient von den netten prallen deutschen Damen.

babblefish translation:
All goods to the birthday to me! I cannot wait in order to eat the large parts pork and rotkohl, served of the nice tight German ladies

Hey, is anyone else still thinking about going to the Lowenbrau on Saturday the 14th? We're still planning on it. Sven? Smiley? Do you still think you might go?

vintagegirl,
I think most LA Tc'ers are going to Uncle Arty's Harbor Cruise on the 14th:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=1813&forum=4&19

M

Itsa possibility-I haven't finalized plans yet for that weekend.

On 2002-12-06 08:01, PolynesianPop wrote:
I think most LA Tc'ers are going to Uncle Arty's Harbor Cruise on the 14th:

I kinda realized that, but OC's just a bit too far for us just right now while Atomic is up in the boondocks just south of Bakersfield. The Lowenbrau is a lot closer for us and Atomic really wants to go there for his birthday anyway. I know it might end up being a rather intimate dinner, but anyone who does want to join us is welcome.

On 2002-12-03 23:23, Atomic Cocktail wrote:

Verrry impressive, AT! You could pass as a Bavarian! Do you want your brown shoes back for your birthday?
I think I vill make it, but more around 8-9 ish, as not to offend my host Mike at the Tiki Ti.
I'm sooo glad that this turns out to be a rumour. I got it as an e-mail from my trusty friends at the LA mod com, who are usually very cautious about that.

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki on 2002-12-07 09:11 ]

On 2002-12-07 09:04, bigbrotiki wrote:

Do you want your brown shoes back for your birthday?

JA! But I think I am missing a black pair?

[ Edited by: Atomic Cocktail on 2002-12-09 15:12 ]

Hey Sven, I think we are gonna get to the Lowenbrau around 8pm on Saturday the 14th. I hope we'll see you there. Should we save a seat or two for you?

[ Edited by: vintagegirl on 2002-12-09 19:03 ]

M

What time are you going to the Lowenbrau?

Hi Smiley, yes, we're planning on making it there about 8pm. Let us know if you think you might join us and we'll include you in our reservations.

M

Please add a reservation for me and mrs smiley-we will see you at 8pm (I won't have the Oktoberfist outfit, though). Hope to see you later SVen. i can't believe that the Tiki-Ti is closed again, maybe some day Mrs smiley and I can see it!!

Thanks to Sven for telling us about the Lowenbrau. It was a feast for the eyes as well as the stomach. We were joined by Sven and co., Mr. & Mrs. Smiley and several other friends of ours. Atomic had a great birthday dinner receiving much booze for gifts as well as things to drink it out of. (Then there was also the picture of the scantilly clad native girl (yours truly) to look at while drinking the booze.)

For anyone that's craving German food in a setting that rivals the Madonna Inn, go to the Lowenbrau. The high arched ceilings, suits of armor, chandeliers, paintings, mounted deer heads, countless giant beer steins and German music playing in the background make you feel like you're in some Bavarian castle. It's also decorated for the holidays right now. They also have a great bar with grand piano beside it. (I don't know when they have the live piano music going though.)

Thanks to all for a fun time!

[ Edited by: vintagegirl on 2002-12-16 01:38 ]

Pages: 1 28 replies