Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Easter Island water feature in mainstream hardware store

Pages: 1 7 replies

H
hmc posted on Thu, Feb 9, 2006 7:37 PM

Went to the hardware store to get a packet of screws, about to go down the relevant isle and stopped dead in my tracks to check if what I saw from the corner of my eye, was in fact, a Tiki statue.

Couldn't stop staring at it, why was there a "moai" water feature in Bunnings? This is Australia right?

Anyway, manufacturer is Waterworks Australia, there are 3 designs, all about 2 foot high, retail for $40. There is no Waterworks website (not yet anyway) but the box was pretty comprehensive with it's detail. It had info on what the "moai" statue is and where it can be found.

So does this mean it's the beginning of mainstream Tiki in Australia?

good on ya mate. did you buy it?

KT

i saw these too. i wasn't that impressed. they've redesigned the moai into a more human form... one of them looks like peter garrett from midnight oil!
[edited out defunct link]

[ Edited by: Kane Tiki 2006-02-18 16:32 ]

[ Edited by: Kane Tiki 2012-01-25 03:03 ]

KT

whilst travelling through the blue mountains today i saw a garden pots/ornaments store with "closing down sale" signs and large moai ornaments in the yard. these were different from the one's helen and i originally spotted at bunnings. they were a more traditional design, one with topknot one without. i didn't have time to call in for a closer look, but if you're going by "wentworth falls pots" on the western highway through wentworth falls check em out before the place closes down!

H
hewey posted on Mon, Apr 17, 2006 3:45 PM

On 2006-04-17 05:53, Kane Tiki wrote:
i didn't have time to call in for a closer look, but if you're going by "wentworth falls pots" on the western highway through wentworth falls check em out before the place closes down!

I just went over the mountains twice over easter, but I took a different road... Not that I have the room.

KT

mother's day is coming up hewey, perfect gift for your mum!

H
hewey posted on Mon, Apr 17, 2006 7:20 PM

The garden is already full of my hebel (AAC) tikis :)

Thats like getting your Mrs a bowling ball engraved with your name on it...

On 2006-02-18 05:41, Kane Tiki wrote:
i saw these too. i wasn't that impressed. they've redesigned the moai into a more human form... one of them looks like peter garrett from midnight oil! see for yourself here:

http://www.waterwerks.com.au/html/figurines.html

[ Edited by: Kane Tiki 2006-02-18 16:32 ]

you're right -those are lame.......looks like they were too lazy to get the hat right on the one so they used a styrofoam cup for a mold and called it done!! now it's the "life of the party" moai featuring a stone lampshade on his head...lol

Pages: 1 7 replies