Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Help please on Creating a better website.

Pages: 1 4 replies

I love the websites that I've been visiting here. Very impressed. Now I'm looking for an artist who can create me a nice website as well, with minimal moving animation, and at a reasonable cost. Something I might maintain myself as I ad new works to it. Does anyone have recommendations?

M

You might have to be more specific. What aspects do you want? Frames? Backgrounds? Flash? Animated gifs? Borders created by tables? Interactive features? Java effects caused when the mouse is moved? By looking at View / Page Source on your browser you can view and then copy the HTML source code for any web page you want, and then just modify it to suit your tastes. Java code won't be visible, though, nor will you be able to create customized graphics like animated gifs unless you have your own editor to do so. Maybe you can supply some links to the type of pages you'd like to have.

[ Edited by: mbonga 2006-02-11 16:54 ]

I love the fire on tiki torches etc., Otherwise, I don't know anything about what I really want.
So, yes I will hunt down a few of my favorite member's websites, and ask them directly who put their sites together.

M

I love the fire on tiki torches etc.,

Those are just animated gifs. By doing a Google search on:
"animated gifs" clipart torch

I came up with sites that had this stuff:

http://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/ani2.html

http://67.18.47.148/com/index/new-clipart/default/torch.htm

and there are many more, especially Olympic torches. But please don't hotlink to their pictures as I did here. They get mad about that since it uses up their bandwidth! You can just copy and save animated gifs from web pages the same as you do with other GIF or JPG images from web pages. It's only the creation or modification of such images that is the time-consuming part.

[ Edited by: mbonga 2006-02-11 16:58 ]

TM

Send me a PM, or call the BarTiki hotline, or shoot me an email.....

Pages: 1 4 replies