Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Book/catalog of 'contemporary' mugs?

Pages: 1 8 replies

Anyone interested in compiling as complete as possible a compendium of mugs created in the last 5 or 6 years or so? Either in beautiful, color coffee table-book form or on-line would be great. I'm talking mugs, designer, numbers produced, etc. As one of those who love and collect the newer mugs (although if I found a vintage in the wild I'd be thrilled) I'd snap it right up. Any takers?

T

Might we be able to con Duke Carter into doing one? A la Tiki Quest? That was a top notch publication, that was. I'd definitely buy one, too.

i'd love to have a book showing all the great new pieces by gecko, munktiki, tiki diablo, bosko and all the other talented new artists. i have a few one of a kinds i'd be happy to share.

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2006-02-11 16:18 ]

T

A book or a website? Kingstiedye's Ooga Mooga account is that website. Print it off, and theres the book. :) I do enjoy the modern ones better and it would be a nice coffee table book so that my friend that aren't into tiki would know. The Tiki Quest is good but I could use more reading. Original prices would be a nice addition

thanks teakey! :)

T

On 2006-02-11 17:08, teaKEY wrote:
A book or a website? Kingstiedye's Ooga Mooga account is that website. Print it off, and theres the book. :) I do enjoy the modern ones better and it would be a nice coffee table book so that my friend that aren't into tiki would know. The Tiki Quest is good but I could use more reading. Original prices would be a nice addition

Ha! We just need a printer-friendly version of Ooga Mooga that will remove frames! Just kidding. I think a book like this would be way cool, and there's definitely a market for it!

Ooga Mooga is the on-line version. I'm talkin' a print version of all contemporary mugs, including independents. With a brand new mug commemorating the book of course!

T

We will We will. I heard a week ago that there is going to be a book of modern mugs coming out. Its not really my place to say anymore on this, but I'm excited about its coming and probably more like it. I'm sure others know about it too.

T

Dose any body have mugs by ITV (into the volcano)? Me and my wife got some 4? years ago. They are very cool. But the guy quit making mugs.

Pages: 1 8 replies