Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Tikiskips new tiki bar exit light. Show em the Door!

Pages: 1 11 replies

T

Got trouble gitting rid of those pesky beer drinkers? Is the fire marshal breathing down your neck to mark those exits? Show them all the door with my new exit sign.

I will post more pic's when I mount this in my friends bar.

[ Edited by: tikiskip 2008-12-02 20:38 ]

P

HA.
Every single Tiki Bar in the US should have one of these.

Awesome idea.

H
hmc posted on Sat, Feb 11, 2006 3:40 PM

On 2006-02-11 14:57, pablus wrote:

Every single Tiki Bar in the US should have one of these.

And the few Tiki bars here in Australia :D

Very nice sign.

P

that

is

awsome.

now i know what to do with some of the scap i've been saving.

i have a lot, i mean a lot of 6" bamboo scraps. whole pieces. if anyone wants some pm me with details on how you want it sent. i might not be able to pay for all the shipping, but i'll do what i can.

T

Hey thanks. I would like some of your 5''/ 6'' bamboo scraps. I need to make two more signs for this bar. 2.5' in length. and two nodes in middle if you can. I will pay for all shipping. Just two peices for now. Let me know how much to send/ address. Thanks tikiskip.

Very Cool!

awesome.

Love the lava red lights

B
Bete posted on Wed, Feb 15, 2006 9:47 AM

That is a very, very cool looking light.

K

There's a place here in Atlanta called "Paris on Ponce" They have several superlong 5" diameter bamboo poles. At least 20' in length. Not sure what they cost, but they got em.

T

How'd ya light that up?

H
hewey posted on Sun, Feb 19, 2006 3:20 AM

Cool and practical! I like the idea very much. Just be careful there arent any regulations on how big/bright/whatever the sign has to be. Very cool idea

T

To tikigap I used the light fixture on the right to light this sign. It is a 15 watt candelabra style bulb. You can also use a christmas bulb in this fixture, Although not as brite. This bulb is also known as a sewing machine light. The other fixtures are other ways to light your tiki stuff when a small bulb is needed. A lighting store or hardware will have these adaptors/ fixtures. To hewey this light dose not meet code. But the exit sign 3ft above it dose.

[ Edited by: tikiskip 2007-02-08 20:43 ]

Pages: 1 11 replies