Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

The all new maitaionline.com

Pages: 1 6 replies

The Mai Tai newsletter's ALL NEW website at http://www.maitaionline.com !

All new look! No more ads! No more pop-ups! Larger-size videos! And a brand new BAMBOO BLOG!

A few sections are still under construction (the "Read" section will be completed within the next couple of weeks)...

But please feel free to have a look... and let us know what you think!

The urban archaeologists of THE MONTREAL TIKI APPRECIATION SOCIETY have been publishing the Mai Tai newsletter since late 1998... doing their part to help increase awareness and preserve Polynesian Pop Culture in Montreal and surrounding areas. : : Issues of Mai Tai have been distributed in Montreal and in select Tiki bars and Polynesian-themed motels in Canada, the U.S., and abroad. We have also increased our readership by making Mai Tai available through mail order. : : Today, our main focus continues to be vintage Tiki culture, while we also write about general mid-20th century pop culture, cocktail culture, and travel/motel/roadside culture.

Good job on the website, John!

I admire and appreciate the work you do for Urban Archeology up in Montreal and always look forward to updates. You always find the coolest, forgotton places. Keep up the good work.

Sabu

The Mai Tai zine is fantastic! I eagerly snapped up each one when they hit Tiki-Ti... perhaps you could have a similar arrangement with Forbidden Island when they open in April? Congrats on the new website!

Thanks for the kind words!

Plenty more to come in the next little while... I've got about 20 more articles to go up in the "Read" section and a little tweaking to do to help certain pages load faster. Check back often and subscribe to the Bamboo Blog!

And Humu... I'll certainly see what I can do to get copies of the print version of Mai Tai to Forbidden Island when the time comes.

Best,

John T.

Finally finished putting the rest of the selected articles from previous issues up on the site (up to and including articles from issue #12)... It's all there now at http://www.maitaionline.com

I love your site! (special thanks to Humuhumu for posting a link from her site)

I'm in New Hampshire and a drive to Canada is easier than a drive to Florida or Cali!

I may even vaca there this Summer to take in a few of your great spots!

New stuff at MaiTaiOnline.com

The website has been revamped, renewed, renovated...

First up, the entire READ section has been re-done:
-articles in the Montreal Tiki, Tiki Excursions, and Other Articles sections have all been organized a little differently;
-some of the older articles feature new photos and mini-updates (found at the bottom of the page in blue text);
-and 9 articles from our last 2 print issues have been added!!!

Also, the TUNES! page (featuring weekly Thrifting for Tunes posts) has been moved off-site for technical reasons... A link on Mai Tai's Welcome page will take you to the TUNES! page on Blogger (and, of course, a link on the TUNES! page will bring you back to MaiTaiOnline).

Hope to get a few more things up in the coming months. In the meantime, dig around and enjoy! And please check out the weekly posts on the TUNES! page.

Pages: 1 6 replies