Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Remebering Tonya Harding

Pages: 1 12 replies

It was only 11 years ago we got the joy of the whole Tonya Harding scandal. I was watching some olympic coverage last night and they showed Tonya today...and DAMN! I know she was bulking up for boxing but....someone please get her off "The Juice"!!

Our sweet little Tonya in 1994

Tonya today....Watch out, she'll kick YOUR ass!

[ Edited by: aquaorama 2006-02-13 11:29 ]

You can take the girl outta white trash, but you can't take the white trash outta the girl.

Funny timing to post this. While watching "Skating With The Stars" the other night my husband tried to convince me that they had Tonya Harding on there along with Nancy Kerrington. I didn't believe him, but maybe they should have had her star. She would have had to do the lifts, maybe they could have paired her with some really skinny little actor...

You really are bored, aren't you? :lol:

T

Man, that's gross.

Man I should find the pics of me when I was her for holloween..my wife was Nancy..I had a beard and everyone knew who i was...I kinda liked wearing the skirt....KILT it WAS a KILT..

wow - when I saw this post I thought maybe she had died. I remember sitting and watching celebrity boxing (she fought Paula Jones!) and thinking "wow - TV can't possibly get any lower than this, I feel so dirty..." Now I can't turn on the TV without seeing Fear Factor on 6 channels, and Wife Swap: meet your new Mommy, and Who wants to Marry my Dad, the midget? Who knew Celebrity Boxing was Fox's high water mark?

as for Nancy Kerragin - 'WHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE???????????'
Give me Katarina Witt any old day!

P
Pyro posted on Sat, Feb 18, 2006 8:58 PM

My hubby used to be a professional figure skater. According to him, all skaters are insane. Katerina, Nancy, all of them.

TM

For some unknown reason I am strangely attracted.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Lucas!

That Tonya shore looks like a bruiser.

Insane or not, Katarina Witt was HOT. I remember what I think was her last Olympic appearance...of course she didn't win, because instead of doing endless show-off high-tech stunts she simply performed with incredible grace and style. Loved her Robin Hoodish costume too, she made the other girls look so cheap. And skinny :wink:

But seriously...this is great.

Finally, Tonya can beat the crap out of someone and WIN for it!

[ Edited by: tikivixen 2006-02-19 22:11 ]

Surya Bonaly can STILL kick Tonya Harding's ass any day!

(For those of you who pay attention to this sport, ask me to tell my Christopher Bowman story the next time you see me.)

TM

Did anyone watch the ballroom dancing show on PBS last night? I was suprised to see that the people involved (99% russians) were very athletic. I believe it qualifies as a sport, just like figure skating.

On 2006-02-20 08:54, lucas vigor wrote:
I believe it qualifies as a sport, just like figure skating.

Ballroom dancing and ice dancing aren't really all that different. Figure skating, however, is more difficult and dangerous.

Pages: 1 12 replies